A/f questions with mods

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Ok I just bought a mk3 supra that I thought was a factory turbo car with mods come to find out its a NA car with a turbo swap I don't know if the engine has internal upgrades. The car is running Lexus afm with 2jz ignition coils and step one colder plugs with I'm guessing 550 injectors. No with my questions sometimes my a/f ratio seems ok when crusing it's around 15ish but under wot it's at like 10 other times it's at like 17.5+ when crusing and at wot stays super lean till I let off and down shift them it goes to 10 why is it so speratic and does anyone have any ideas or hints? I'm trying to get a safc now to tune it.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Any codes?

What kind of fuel system setup do you have? AFPR? J-Tube Delete?

Have you made sure you have good vacuum to your Fuel Pressure Regulator? Have you checked for vacuum leaks in general? I ask because this has caused major issues for me in the past. Rich/Lean, Idle, etc etc...:: angry ::

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
No the engine light comes on when driving but nothing comes up when you turn the key on it doesn't flash any codes I found some vacume leaks and fixed them but still rich and lean issue and I haven't done anything so I don't know what kind of fuel set up it has I just seen that the injectors spliced in so I'm guessing there bigger

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
turbocrazy;2009887 said:
No the engine light comes on when driving but nothing comes up when you turn the key on it doesn't flash any codes I found some vacume leaks and fixed them but still rich and lean issue and I haven't done anything so I don't know what kind of fuel set up it has I just seen that the injectors spliced in so I'm guessing there bigger
You kinda need to figure out your mods before you do anything else.
For the injectors, if you can't see what they are without pulling them, pull one. Hopefully it will have a part # on it. If the # doesn't make sense, Google it. Don't guess.
It sounds like maybe you don't know how to check for codes?

rdaigle44

Mar 6, 2014
Tinley Park, IL
No offense but I don't think you read the whole description because the service manual tells you that there is a connector you must jump in order to get the check engine light to flash the codes to you. Read the entire procedure maybe have it opened up on your phone when you are working on the car so you know exactly what you need to do.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
You should try to check what fuel pump you have...the stock FP will have trouble supplying 550s.

Might also be a FP voltage relay issue...check for the 12V mod