a couple ?s

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
1. Just wondering if anyone has tred this for headgasket fix or temporay fix.

http://www.rxauto.com/index.htm

2. Also, my check engine light IS NOT on but when i check the codes, i get a code 12 -RPM signal. does this mean that I have the code or it just hasn't been erased by pulling out the efi fuse.

with a code 12 could this cause my idle to be rough at times? and my car not to start- start signal ?

3. It sounds like I have an exhaust leak right after my turbo, could this cause a "back pressure" that would cause my idle to be rough?
When I drive the car, when i come to a stop, the idle becomes rough and it feels like the engine may stall out. I have to drop it into neutral from drive(auto tranny).

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
1. Not me, though I have looked at it from time to time.

2. Clear the code, and see if it comes back.If it don't come back, your supposition was probably correct.

3. How bad is the leak, and is it before the O2 sensor? If it's small, and after the sensor, I don't see how it could cause any problem.

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
rayall01;1352426 said:
3. How bad is the leak, and is it before the O2 sensor? If it's small, and after the sensor, I don't see how it could cause any problem.

I Think its after the o2 sensor because exhaust smoke seem too come out from there...it is blueish at times. oil leak or oil deposit?

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
JB91389;1352438 said:
it is blueish at times. oil leak or oil deposit?

If you got blue smoke in the exhaust, it could be from the turbo, valve guide seals, rings, or head gasket, though my bet would be valve guide seals. Are your plugs oil fouled? That could lead to a rough idle.

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
JB91389;1352410 said:
1. Just wondering if anyone has tred this for headgasket fix or temporay fix.

http://www.rxauto.com/index.htm

I've seen products like it...superb way to clog up your cooling system.

JB91389;1352410 said:
2. Also, my check engine light IS NOT on but when i check the codes, i get a code 12 -RPM signal. does this mean that I have the code or it just hasn't been erased by pulling out the efi fuse.

with a code 12 could this cause my idle to be rough at times? and my car not to start- start signal ?

Pull the EFI fuse to clear, then re-check codes. Code 12 will not illuminate the CEL, but is stored in memory. Could be due to the igniter or CPS.

JB91389;1352410 said:
3. It sounds like I have an exhaust leak right after my turbo, could this cause a "back pressure" that would cause my idle to be rough?
When I drive the car, when i come to a stop, the idle becomes rough and it feels like the engine may stall out. I have to drop it into neutral from drive(auto tranny).

Yep, fix it. Check for other vac/IC piping leaks too.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
if i remember right 12, is the cam position sensor. If you recently had timed the car, you could have the cps out to where its not reading, so you'll have to time it back with the motor.

that make sense? lol
Carter, J.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
carter;1352519 said:
if i remember right 12, is the cam position sensor. If you recently had timed the car, you could have the cps out to where its not reading, so you'll have to time it back with the motor.

that make sense? lol
Carter, J.

Actually it doesn't make sense. A code 12 is no Ne or G signal within 2 sec after engine start. Setting timing is no way possible responsible for this code. It is possible for the CPS wiring or it's connector to be the problem. Or, the igniter or it's circuit could be as well.

Carter - this is the tech section. If you are not 100% sure of what you post, then STFU...got it? You are so far off on this one it's not even funny.

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
jdub;1352478 said:
I've seen products like it...superb way to clog up your cooling system.

Pull the EFI fuse to clear, then re-check codes. Code 12 will not illuminate the CEL, but is stored in memory. Could be due to the igniter or CPS.

Yep, fix it. Check for other vac/IC piping leaks too.

Thanks! I'll check it out and let you know!