a couple quick pics of my single

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
here's 2 pics of my 60-1 on Drewgo's mani. had the 2 bolt flange welded on instead of the Tial 44 vband flange.

p724092_1.jpg

p724092_2.jpg

will be going in the car this weekend along with my A/C system being finished. can't wait!!!!

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
hahaha indeed

i had a greddy 1J T4 manifold and imho this one is higher quality. the welds are nice, the ceramic coating from drew is AWESOEME, and where all the runners collect before the turbo is ported out and VERY smooth.

money well spent!!!

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
mrsuprafreak said:
I know your sleeping with that turbo and manifold until it's installed!:biglaugh:

hahahaha nah wife wont let me bring it to bed :(

its was told by previous owner just like he was told when he bought it that its a Garrett T04S 60-1

but im beginning to think its a master power or something. the turbine housing looks odd.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Exhaust housing is def. not a master power.. IDK what it is. Nor is the compressor housing.. the center section could be, but it could just as easily be a garrett. Nice setup! We need more pics :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i will try to get more pics of it. i'll post em tomorrow if i can. my comp. at home sux bawls so its hard to upload anything

its like they tried to polish it but gave up lol

Ninja Edit: there's a tag on the comp housing that looks like it says AE0602 or AF0602 or something to that effect

Last edited:

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
it is a garrett turbo. i was told so by the guy who bought it and put it on "conrad at c&n performance. will be a great turbo for the street. spool is almost instant. u won't miss your twins spool too much. good luck.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
daneyan said:
it is a garrett turbo. i was told so by the guy who bought it and put it on "conrad at c&n performance. will be a great turbo for the street. spool is almost instant. u won't miss your twins spool too much. good luck.

There is no such thing as Garrett Turbo here in South Florida...lol
Justin,I had the same turbo from Conrad ,it got the job done.
If something goes wrong just change the cartridge to a master power.
Inexpensive and reliable.
Also just an fyi. Use a -3 oil feed not a -4. 1j's have high pressure oil and will eventually make the rear seal on the Journal turbo leak then you'll get white smoke.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea i got a -3 feed line already for it. thanks for the info tho. sweet it will be going on this saturday then a few weeks from there Justin and i will be heading down to the towers meet to hang out with everyone.

btw i'm Josh drew not justin LOL

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
The Reaper said:
yea i got a -3 feed line already for it. thanks for the info tho. sweet it will be going on this saturday then a few weeks from there Justin and i will be heading down to the towers meet to hang out with everyone.

btw i'm Josh drew not justin LOL

Damn, My bad, I know it's Josh.

Joe, 1jz's unlike other engines have very good oil pump and supply a healthy amount of oil to the turbo. In most case we are over feeding the turbo with a -4 oil feed. Our engines were meant to supply 2 turbos and now we are condensing that pressure to just one turbo. So to remedy that you use a -3 to regulate the amount of oil going in. It's normal for a journal bearing turbo to smoke once in a while, Since the seal at the back of the turbo was meant not for keeping the oil from going out but for keeping the exhaust from going in.
I have a -4 in my car right now. I had this conversation with a gentleman that is a distributor for Garrett and has been dealing with turbos for almost 40yrs. It made a whole lot more sense why our turbos don't last long and it's because since we put so much oil into it it starts to let exhaust pressure into the turbo and it starts to cook the internal causing the journal bearing to fail.

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
drewgo said:
Damn, My bad, I know it's Josh.

Joe, 1jz's unlike other engines have very good oil pump and supply a healthy amount of oil to the turbo. In most case we are over feeding the turbo with a -4 oil feed. Our engines were meant to supply 2 turbos and now we are condensing that pressure to just one turbo. So to remedy that you use a -3 to regulate the amount of oil going in. It's normal for a journal bearing turbo to smoke once in a while, Since the seal at the back of the turbo was meant not for keeping the oil from going out but for keeping the exhaust from going in.
I have a -4 in my car right now. I had this conversation with a gentleman that is a distributor for Garrett and has been dealing with turbos for almost 40yrs. It made a whole lot more sense why our turbos don't last long and it's because since we put so much oil into it it starts to let exhaust pressure into the turbo and it starts to cook the internal causing the journal bearing to fail.
good info dre. i wonder what i have on my car. is there anywhere -3 or -4 is written on the line or the fittings?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
the blackplate looks weird.. not like any garret i've seen, either way its a good turbo... no play and daneyan used it fine..

fwiw i ran -4 on my car for over a year no problem.. But yea too much oil can be bad.. Turbos only need like 20 psi of oil pressure to operate.. the 1js im sure make 60-70 psi @ redline.. -3 is a bit more restrictive so say only 50 psi is getting to the turbo instead of 70 psi.. On an older turbo the seal may leak.