A/C out of a 7MGE?

I did search for this for a little while with little luck unfortunately. I have an 87 turbo that the previous owner had the bright idea of ripping everything A/C out of the engine bay. Even more unfortunate is how hot it can get in an old Toyota that just blows lukewarm air at you when sitting in the sun..

I happen to have a '90 N/A parts car now that I'm going to be pulling things off of anyhow.. So what I'm trying to figure out is will all the A/C components out of a GE fit a GTE, will most, or even any of them? If everything is the same chassis wise but I just need a few odds and ends I'm fine with that. I just want to know if its worth my time even starting to remove anything out of the GE car to put into the GTE?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, for what it's worth, I left all of the A/C components in place when swapping in a 7M-GTE into my '89NA. It continued to work until the expansion valve crapped out last year.

The compressor will be exactly the same. As far as I was able to determine the lines are also identical. Probably the evaporator and TX valve are still in the dash, though the TX valve at least should be replaced, and the evaporator will need a very thorough cleaning. So long as you can make the lines fit, they'll be fine. The condenser should be the same, though there is an additional pusher fan for a turbo/auto.

The A/C is purely chassis harness, so should have no interaction with the TCCS.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
jetjock;1845376 said:
The "I don't need no stinkin' AC" previous owner strikes again.

It'll work fine. There's one connection to the TCCS for idle up.

Those kind of previous owners don't live in Texas. Even though the supra is not my DD, it's scheduled to get the AC looked at and fixed. Besides, I like everything in my car to work. It bugs me if it don't.