A/c compressor not engaging HELP NYC is tooooooo hot!

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
Soo my a/c compressor clutch doesn't engage I swapped the entire a/c system from my old 89 supra na into my 89 supra turbo ... I left the na housing that holds the thermostat into the thermostat housing soo I'm not to sure if that plays a roll so
Some told me the systems work a little differently

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
And your in Arizona? Lol your crazy man NYC humidity it's disgusting a/c is a must....... Someone gotta help me or push me in the right direction

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
You have a few possibilities of problems that could be happening. Your system is not properly charged so the high and/or low pressure switch is not allowing the clutch to engage. You have a faulty high and/or low pressure switch, or an electrical problem somewhere in the wiring of the system. Have you converted the system to R-134a or is it still R-12? If it was converted, whom did the work on the car? Did they replace the o-rings or not?

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
It was converted when I purchased it and it works great it was ice cold an when I swapped everything I changed all the Orings- I jumped the plug and still got nothing from the ac

Haha @jetrock very clever