97 twin turbo parts car

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Guys,

While I was working on the Supra today a guy stopped and asked about my Supra. He wanted to know if I felt like doing a conversion as he has his Supra in the yard.

Its totalled and destroyed according to him. He says he rolled it on 85.

I am going to go look at it and take some pictures. I think his price is a bit steep but the car has some mods.

If anyone is interested I will hurry and get the pictures posted. The car is near my house in Colonial Heights.

V

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Wow could you PM how much he wants for the car and any other info that you have?

Thanks,
Chris!

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Yeah thanks for letting us know. Try to get some pics. for me please. I might come snatch some parts uhhh! like the motor:biglaugh:

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
suprajjang;1148216 said:
Wow could you PM how much he wants for the car and any other info that you have?

Thanks,
Chris!

He had said 2500$ for the car... What I am getting irritated about is that it seems he is another MK3 'topper' that can only discuss a mk4 when confronted with a clean mk3.

I looked behind a house I saw a car like his parked at. I didnt see any car out back. Its possible that I was at the wrong house. I have to wait until the weekend to see where this is going. I dont know why someone would stop and ask me if I wanted to buy something if they didnt really have it. Wierd.

Ill keep you guys up to date. Its supposed to be a 97 and the engine had a few mods.

V

toyota_aristo

Jul 27, 2008
Virginia
vdragonmpc;1150214 said:
He had said 2500$ for the car... What I am getting irritated about is that it seems he is another MK3 'topper' that can only discuss a mk4 when confronted with a clean mk3.

I looked behind a house I saw a car like his parked at. I didnt see any car out back. Its possible that I was at the wrong house. I have to wait until the weekend to see where this is going. I dont know why someone would stop and ask me if I wanted to buy something if they didnt really have it. Wierd.

Ill keep you guys up to date. Its supposed to be a 97 and the engine had a few mods.

V

Maybe he just lied about it so that he could have something to talk to you about. You know, like an icebreaker.

Everyone knows someone like that... lies about something to 1up your story.

you: "I've got a MKIII Supra that's clean"
lier: "Oh, I've got a MKIV Supra"
you: "Oh, you should bring it out sometime, I'd like to see it."
lier: "Oh, it's wrecked... I rolled it going really fast!"

Just a thought, but I do hope he has it so I can get some parts.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
$2500??????????? this dudes full of:bsflag: I think we should all meet up and knock on his door. LOL! I think he is def. a 1upper

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
applesauce;1150568 said:
$2500??????????? this dudes full of:bsflag: I think we should all meet up and knock on his door. LOL! I think he is def. a 1upper

Well I was working on my interior and he stopped out front and asked if since I had a Supra would I be interested in a 97 Supra that had been wrecked. Why would someone just stop and make shit up?

I deserve the wall of shame for falling for a BSer as much as people bitch about the mark4 seller/scammers. Im going to check him out saturday and see if maybe I mis-understood and the car is at maybe a junkyard or separate location.

V

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Just giving you a hard time man lol!... Yeah man def. let us know whats up when you go by there... $2500 for the wrecked car? unless the motor fell out and rolled down the street, I got dibs on that shit I'll pull it myself. Of course unless you want it.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
applesauce;1151514 said:
Just giving you a hard time man lol!... Yeah man def. let us know whats up when you go by there... $2500 for the wrecked car? unless the motor fell out and rolled down the street, I got dibs on that shit I'll pull it myself. Of course unless you want it.

OK. I talked with him today as we worked on his car. He says its a 97 Twin Turbo and he has the title. He needs 470 or so to get it off base from storage. The intercooler is toast along with the radiator. I may try to get him to go over there. If anyone is serious and wants it by monday let me know and I will try to get the 2 of you together. The car is stored on Fort Lee. My advice is to see the title and car before any money goes anywhere.

I have just seen too many scams involving the 93 and up cars. So Im only trying to involve local folks that can physically get to the car and make sure they like what they see.

PM me with contact info and I will try to get with you ASAP.
2500$ is what he wants and it just feels odd.

V