91 Supra 1JZ-VVTi swap

bojingles6957

Aug 22, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
So I did a 1JZ-VVTi swap on my 91 Supra and finished it in August and havn't posted it anywhere so I figured fuck it. My 7M-GTE blew a freeze plug and due to my extreme hate for the 7m platform but love for the MK3 I decided to do a swap. However, because of my desire to do something different/ fun/ fast/ daily-able I chose the 1JZ-VVTi. This was my first swap ever and it was no where near as hard as people made it out to be. The swap was all that I could have hoped it be in every way. I still have a lot of miscellaneous cleaning up to do with the car while it is in winter storage but I will say if anyone is on the edge of doing this swap, DO IT! Anyway, here she is.IMAG0060.jpgIMAG0174.jpgIMAG0178.jpg

NAiL05

Jan 12, 2008
Texas
Nice. I have a 1jz vvti motor ust sitting next to the car. Still trying to sort out the electrical wiring part of it. Hopefully I can get it in early next year.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Did you do your own wiring or did you use tweak? I have one sitting in the garage too but it's going to a buddy's car soon.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I did this swap last summer. Pretty sweet engine!

I'm still fine-tuning the little details, but I've put about 1,000 to 1,500 miles on it, and it's smoooooth.

It's cool to see other people do this swap, what are the plans for your car?