91 Sup vs 03GT - One for two

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Been back and forth with 03bamaGT a few times. Captured it all on video.
First race is a dig. Neither of us hooked too well. I got him out of the hole (driver mod) but he walked me down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5gxVZUazLo

Next race is a 30 roll, right on top of my power band. Spooled up and showed him what was up with the 7M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_tkqwxZ0c

tbh, I really don't understand why the two races were so diffrent. On the dig, he steadily pulled me and on the roll, I steadily puled him. I guess it has to do with fuel delivery and just spool. In both races, we lifted (as agreed) at 110 ish. Can anyone make sense of the different outcomes?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice kill Patrick. The first one doesn't count because it's just practice, so that makes you 1-0 versus Ryan...........:biglaugh:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Are you still on the stock intercooler? lol

I think if you got a better launch you would have stayed with him. From the launch he's putting down more torque than you are. If you could get all of your power down to the ground at that point it would be different IMO. The faster mustangs go the slower they seem to get.

Good races!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
The videos are dark. Was that a Yugo that passed both of you guys in that one video?

Anyways, that stretch of Mexican highway is getting pretty famous now. I have seen it in several videos now.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
What happened at the beginning of the first video? Was that a bad start, and you guys had to redo it? Or did he launch good on you, and decided to give you another chance?

If you got him out of the hole and he still managed to walk you like that? You were even in second gear at the top of his first. He even rolled out of first like he's going to bingo sunday, and granny shifted his ass off. He came from your rear bumper and put an easy two car lengths on you. He obviously has the faster car.

Second race you were in your sweet spot. He probably wasn't. You pulled a car on him, and barely started to pull away. Lower drag coefficient maybe? You weren't leaving him really bad. It's not like you came from a car deficit and pulled two to three cars on him.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
carter;1423366 said:
Good run man, I noticed this racing a couple cars. Almost got a w58 (trans am) but didn't get to run it all the way out.

The WS6 never came with a w58?:nono:

Its just cause they have the torque down low so he has the 60' on you, and you have the top end to bring it back in.

This is where the phrase "power under the curve" shows it.