91 JZA70 vs. STI

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
Had some good fun tonight. My stock JZA70 with the exception of a 3' trust catback vs an 05 STI with 3" exhaust, intake and boost creeping to 19 at boost cut.

Went 3 times.

First time -From a stop. Bad idea. AWD launched like no other, and I missed second gear. Bwah

Second- From a roll of 50. Missed third

Third- Roll from 50km/h again. Started, he gained about .5 car lengths, when I shifted to third he gained about a car length. So when we shut down at ~160,170 I was only maybe 2 lengths back.

With a downpipe and my Profec B hooked up I think I could have him.

Anyways just surprised I hung with an STI that good. I gotta learn how to shift this car though, I can do it great around town and going semi-fast but power shifting is a whole nother thing I found out.

Me- 2 people in car
Him- 3 people in car

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Nice runs.. lol I keep telling my buddy that I'm going to smoke him with I get my sti for my dd.. he doesn't belive me.. i'll send him this thread :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
dude its a modded STI creeping to 19 F'in psi vs a stock 1J with an exhaust

gimme a break

whatever dude we'll see when you get it, IF you even get one PFFFF

by the way nice runs man

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I've taken a few STis on a roll... From a dig, well that's a different story. I was able to reel one in enough to win before, but it seems most of those EVO and STi guys like to shut down early after 1 or 2 gears and claim their win from a dig. I really hate that...

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
yea but thats after what the first 400ft, any drag race cant be won or lost until 660ft or an 1/8th mile unless its just an obvius honda ricer type gettin his ass handed to him.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i dont race sti/ evo from dig, but from any type of roll even 2nd gear I was putting lengths on them with BPU, and stock twins with serious oil seal problems.
When we would pull over id let my car smoke like crazy and let them know they just lost to a 20 year old car with blown turbos.

Learn to drive STi arent hard to kill from a roll!

~scott

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
i say race them both from around 35mph, where both cars have good pull...except when traction is an issue. Top end the awd guys die out...fast.

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
Ya. Thanks guys.

We were only went up to 160/170 km/h but I think I learnt how to shift with the left hand and kept it going longer it may have been a different outcome.

Guys in the STI sure didnt expect little ol me to keep up as well as I did I can tell you that ;)