90 7MGTE stalling on decel

Larry21

Jun 29, 2011
San diego
Hi everyone im kinda a noob to the 7m world. I have a 90' supra the car runs great but sometimes if i just let off the gas it will stall. Anyone know what will cause this? If there is a thread please point me in the right direction! Thank you everyone!

Larry21

Jun 29, 2011
San diego
its the stock one. I bought the car off some one and it does have a boss jr. 57trim turbo. He had told me that he used to have the hks but it would stall when it would purge. Could the stock bov cause the issue?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Are there any boost leak? Your problem is, you step on the pedal, car goes, you come off the pedal so the throttle body is completely closed and the car stalls?

Are there any codes?

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Our cars are old. It's possible that some of the wiring is so brittle and damaged. I noticed that the wire on my cps was exposed when I started working on my car. I'm not sure if having iffy wiring could ever cause this problem of stalling. But my car did stall like this when I had it on the road (decelerating) and I am fairly certain my stock bov was in good operating order. Also if you check for vacuum leaks under the hood by spraying a mist of water or something it could be a good idea. Can you hear like a whooshing sound under the hood like air escaping?

Larry21

Jun 29, 2011
San diego
Ive checked for boost leaks and vacuum leaks and did not find any. It strange because it not only on hard accel i can be almost at a coast push the clutch in and let completely off and sometimes it stalls. I have talked to friends here and that cant figure it out either.