9 Second Supra vs 9 Sec. Sti

RallySoob

Rally Man Sam
Nov 2, 2006
Oregon
That Supra doesnt have a chance against that STi man. AWD and lighter car vs. RWD heavy car...hmm, no brainer. Plus the STi drives much better all around, what a car. Only place that Supra would take that STi is on a runway after about 160mph. That STi prob tops out at 180 at best and that supra could do 200+ probably

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
um is it a surprise that a car with probably 100hp more beat out another car?

if you seriously think they were both 700hp youre insane. the sti trapped 145 while hitting the damn brakes well before the finish line...and the supra only trapped 141. that sti was probably around the 150mph at LEAST trap speed.

theres a big hp difference between 141mph and 150mph.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I saw it not too long ago. What I noticed is that the STi was full race, didn't even have a license plate. Car must have been idling at about 1200RPM or more. Hey Supras can't win them all I guess.

DLSupra

Nov 11, 2006
Los Angeles
that was sweet but think about it that STi is most likely a drag only car and we have dozens of supras hitting those numbers as street cars

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
No way.. I don't believe it...Supras can never lose...

It was obvious the Subaru was making a good bit more power, and was probably lighter too. I would like to know what kind of transmission and driveline upgrades were done to the Subie..Its looked like he wasn't even using a clutch to shift.

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
MRSupra no idea man. I think he wasnt letting off on the gas as he shifted.

DL Supra... Very true but supras also have 2 more cylinders, more displacement, less hp loss through the drivetrain etc etc... Not sure if the STi was a drag only car but for those of you that didnt notice is also hit the brakes before it reached the end of its run. This wasnt intended to put down Supras at all just showing an awesome race.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
That track in in Puerto Rico. My in-laws live 5min from it. You hear them all night running. Pretty sick cars that go there. Little 4 bangers doing 7's. Would put both these cars to shame.