89 turbo. old schol dream

b17what

Sep 18, 2014
indianapolis
Wanted one of these forever. And after many honda's and dsm's. I got one. Body is great minus just a little surface rust I took care of. Interior has been redone. Un known to me the car had a few serious issues that showed up after I got it from the previous owner. The engine got a top end rebuild with a new gasket and the like as well as new crank seals....Well unfortunatly the gouged the pully that the seals on and just threw it on there. After putting 200 miles on it. It was gushing bad. I fixed that and drove it some more. Maybe a hundred miles later I noticed steam coming from the engine bay. I could see coolant leaking off the engine but could not find out what from. Replaced all the hoses under the intake manifold. Nothing. replaced the intake gasket. nothing. I had it run and took a cylinder cam and looked around. Apperantly when the previous owners blew the gasket they also over heated the crap out of it and put a micro crack in the exterior of the block. Bought a new engine with all arp hardware and a cometic gasket. Ready to drop it. I am half way done pulling the old engine and that is where I sit now. It's to damn cold.

Mods when I got it:
-stance fully adjustable coilovers
-koyorad radiator with electric fans
-walbro pump
-re done seats with "pleather" not really a fan...
-after market bov
-some sort of 17in wheels
-aftermarket ct26 down pipe

Stuff I have that will be going on this winter/spring:
-new studded engine
-6 puck clutch
-cxracing gt35 turbo and their better manifold
-full three inch straight pipe
-front mount kit
-6 feed lines
-8 return lines
-Mk4 turbo wheels. ones with the 17x9.5 rears

Stuff that I need to get before I instal most of this:
-megasquirt 3 pro and sensors
-id1000 injectors
-fuel rail
-sheet metal intake
-tune

attachment.php

10325182_854199747944481_1815887383477686122_n.jpg

attachment.php

engine when I first got it.
attachment.php

engine when I tried to fix the gear and coolant crap
attachment.php

new engine with new turbo and mani
attachment.php

mk4 wheels
attachment.php

i'll update as stuff happens.

Thanks for the site guys!

Dave46

Why Not?
Nov 10, 2014
CT
Congrats on the new pickup! Interior looks great! Interested to see how the cxracing turbo works for you. I've got a friend who swears by their products but he's got a Z car, I wonder how they do on ours.

b17what

Sep 18, 2014
indianapolis
Dave46;2035234 said:
Congrats on the new pickup! Interior looks great! Interested to see how the cxracing turbo works for you. I've got a friend who swears by their products but he's got a Z car, I wonder how they do on ours.

I've owned three different cars with three different cxracing turbo's. two of them where smaller ones I had on hondas. The last one was a 50 trim I had on a dsm. Never had problems with any of them. Also know a lot of local drift guys who use them. The ONLY issue with the gt35 is that it has a thinner shaft compared to a real one. So it's not quite as strong. Which is fine. I'm only shooting for mid 400's with this one.

The only thing I really splurge on when it comes to a turbo set up is the wastegate. Had an ebay one seize up on me. Never again. Also stay away from older Comp turbo's. Had two different ones go bad with under 5k miles.