89 7mgte runs rough no throttle response

Backyardmechanic1

Oct 27, 2013
Happy valley oregon
Just got my supra running now I'm having another problem it starts up fine goes to 1000 rpms for a second then drops down to about 500 and when I hit the gas pedal it just sputters tried adjusting timing nothing changed checked all vacuums no leaks I'm not getting a check engine light so what else could it be

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Based on limited info...do a fuel pressure test at the rail. Sounds to me like your not getting enough fuel. Could be other things but I'd start there.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Whats your fuel pressure at then? Also, give some more information: how did you adjust timing, even though your MIL didnt come on have you checked for codes anyway? How does your AFM check out, etc.

Backyardmechanic1

Oct 27, 2013
Happy valley oregon
It was around 30 to 35 psi I don't remember exactly I adjusted the cps I even pulled and restabbed it at tdc I have not checked for any codes but I will soon if I get it revved to about 2000 rpm then give it about half throttle it has good response but if I try to drive it it just stumbles and stutters and has no acceleration until around 3500 rpm

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1975136 said:
^ Say what? Depends on what you mean...

He said the car ran with starting fluid. Aside from an empty fuel tank or bad pump that he over looked...

I still don't think all the information is out.

Grant7m

Jul 13, 2015
Pnw
hey, did you ever figure this problem out. It seems my supra has the same problem and was yours fouling plugs and smoking like it was really rich...?