89 7m-gte some times no spark.

rap2chin

The Polack
Aug 30, 2010
Boulder, Colorado, United States
So I got an 89 7m-gte there's no check engine lights. What happining is. Car will start and run perfect when it does, but on ocassion it won't start I'm gettin fuel everythin powers up, but no spark the car will do this for about 5min to a couple hours depending its mood haha. So I don't get it and the 5 or 30 min of it not starting it will just start again.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

rap2chin;1690416 said:
So I got an 89 7m-gte there's no check engine lights. What happining is. Car will start and run perfect when it does, but on ocassion it won't start I'm gettin fuel everythin powers up, but no spark the car will do this for about 5min to a couple hours depending its mood haha. So I don't get it and the 5 or 30 min of it not starting it will just start again.
Oh and when it just cuts off everything stays on just the engine dies.

mk3supra978

Nov 9, 2010
MASS
dude omg that shit happens to me too i got the same problem...still dont know wtf is going on...let me know if u figure it out bro

rap2chin

The Polack
Aug 30, 2010
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Hey what u up to I was thinkin its the igniter what u think ans where is the CPS sensor wires what it next to a pic would help.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

From my understanding and from what I read it might be the ignitor or the CPS sensor. But I don't think its the ignitor since I have power to it while I'm not gettin spark. U think I need to just adjust my CPS sensor?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

From my understanding and from what I read it might be the ignitor or the CPS sensor. But I don't think its the ignitor since I have power to it while I'm not gettin spark. U think I need to just adjust my CPS sensor?

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
rap2chin;1690514 said:
Hey what u up to I was thinkin its the igniter what u think ans where is the CPS sensor wires what it next to a pic would help.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Do not adjust your CPS without a timing light. I'm saying to just wiggle the wires on the harness.

Attachments

• CPS.jpg
    CPS.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 4