88 Turbo with an auto for now. (I watched the before posting video)

yungtech

Apr 7, 2010
Los Angeles
So i recently purchased my first Supra. Before my supra my cousin had a 87 na 5 speed. with the help of a donor car we swapped the front end that was nicer. Got the car running, and shortly after experienced my first blown head gasket. Then we dropped in a jdm engine with out going through it, and experienced the second blown head gasket. Finally we put a second jdm engine in but this time we took it apart and put a head gasket put it back in and it drove great for about 2500 miles. I was driving around 130 and the #3 rod punched through both sides of the block in between the motor mount bracket. That was the end of what we came to know as the "soul sucker"

I felt defeated. So i spent countless hours searching the internet, until i came upon this site. I spent almost a year on this website reading, and learning. It so nice to have a resource like this. So i wanted to thank every one for all the helpful tips, parts, prices and diagrams!

So here is my car. It has 117,xxx miles, interior doesn't have any rips , dash is only cracked right on the vent part where it meets the windshield, all the lights and switches work. It came with decent tires and brakes. I got the car for $600, down side is the car was parked for six years. So far i have put a hks head gasket, arp studs, a aluminum radiator, trans cooler, silicone hose and vacuum lines. i have electric fans but i did not put them on because the fan shroud is new and i havent read to many positive things about the electric ones. It also appeared to have a fairly new turbo (stock c26). The guy said he stopped driving it because of an exhaust leak. When i took the engine apart the turbo was loose from the manifold and the exhaust was riddled with holes. Since everything has been repaired and its back to stock and running great.

Also when i went to look at the car, there was a tsrm on the back seat which came with the car.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Well, I'm happy to Officially welcome you to SM.

And I'm glad to hear that our resources and information were useful for you.

The car looks great! And sounds like it was all worth the while after all! :)

Jeff

yungtech

Apr 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Finally put a five speed in. Na five speed, 18 xxr, whites with eibachs, hopefully more to come in the new year

Attachments

• IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 5