88 Turbo with 55k - all stock, orig owner... thoughts?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Are you able to do any of the work the car would need yourself? This is very important with an old car. If you can do the work yourself and would have a way to get around if the car has to be down for a little bit of time while something is being fixed then I think this is a great car. I paid $5600 for my 87 N/A three and a half years ago. It had 70k miles on it at the time and is in perfect condition except for the slightly faded paint on the bumpers. I've replaced some parts here and there because it is an almost 30 year old car, and that should be expected.

From the pictures it looks like the interior just needs a good cleaning and conditioning to bring it back to almost perfect, the engine bay just needs a good cleaning, and the exterior looks good in the pictures, but they aren't the best so it is hard to tell.

If you have the ability to do the work yourself it makes everything so much cheaper and you will know it is done right as well.

Did he seem to be willing to move on price and work with you? If so I would offer ~7k or so and see what he says. If he isn't willing to move on price and you really want the car then I say go ahead and get it, that car is in better condition than 99% of MK3 Supras and you need to keep that in mind. I have never seen one in person that is as clean as mine and I feel that the same would happen to you if you purchased this one. Most of these cars are all ratty and falling apart, which leads to the low prices for most of them. This looks like a very complete car and should bring more than the others.