'88 Toyota Supra Turbo Body plug Pinout's with colors

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I have had some of this stuff done for over a year now, and it has been on a different site. Well in case the site I have it on ever goes down or away that would be very unfortunate. I have a few more of these for 1jz stuff too. Thanks guys let me know if you need any help.

This is from a 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo with a Manual transmission.

B1 PLUG

p1730885_1.jpg

1. Heater Water VSV-------------------------------- Black \ Yellow

2. L3 TEMS to ECU--------------------------------- Red \ White

3. L2 TEMS to ECU ---------------------------------------------------- RED

4. L1TEMS TO ECU ---------------------------------------------- BLACK

5. Check Connector for Fuel pump------------------------- Black \ Red

6. Circuit opening relay coil---------------------------------- GREEN

7. Goes to Start Solenoid----------------------------- Black \ Blue

8. Fuel Pump Relay on ECU------------------------------- YELLOW

9. Switched 12v For EFI From Fuse box- also +B check connector--------- Black \ Red Medium

10. NSW TO ECU -------------------------------------Black \ Yellow

11. Ignition switch to ECU-------------------------------- Black \ Orange

12. +12v for igniter, fuel injectors etc, resistor in engine bay -BIG Black \ Orange

13. A/C Magnate switch TO ECU--------------------------------- Blue \ Red

14. TEMS Check Singal----------------------------------------------- Purple

15. Theft deterrent horn plug on harness ---------------------------Yellow \ Blue

16. From headlight relay for Idle up, also comes to plug A1 ---------–Red \ Yellow

17. TO ECU injector 1 and 4 ------------------------------White \ Blue

18. SPD signal for ECT SPD signal for ECT ---------------------Red \ Green

19. Power Ground, also can be check at Check Connector---------- Brown

M1 Plug
p1730885_2.jpg

1. Signal backup light switch ---------------------- Red \ Black

2. Positive for backup light switch Plus for Heater water valve VSV ------ YELLOW

3. Speedometer signal from ECU to combination meter ------------- PINK

4. Ignition signal to tech, from check connector to igniter------------- BLACK

5. Turbo indicator light signal for combination meter, also A1 plug------ Red \Green

6. ECU ground and Water temp gauge mass signal ------------ ---- BROWN

7. From pressure switch for oil gauge, also from ECU-------------- Yellow \ Black

8. W signal for warning light on dash ------------------------ Grey \ Green

9. Water temp sensor for combo meter----------------- Yellow / GREEN

10. From defogger relay also goes to plug A1 - ---------------------- PURPLE

B2 Plug

p1730885_3.jpg

1. ABS plug on harness to transmission ----------------- YELLOW

2. ABS plug on harness to transmission --------------------- BLACK

3. ABS plug on harness to transmission-------------------- Red \ Black

B4 Plug

p1730885_4.jpg

1. #160 A/C water temp s/w no. 2 --------------Blue \ White

2. A/C water temp switch ------------ Green \ Red

B5 Plug

p1730885_5.jpg

1. Directly from HAC sensor ---------------- Red \ Black

2. Goes to AFM ------------- BROWN

3. Goes to AFM ---------------- Blue \ Red

A1 Plug

p1730885_6.jpg

1. To defogger relay - ---------------Purple

2. To turbo indicator light --------------------------------- Red \ Green

3. Headlight Relay for idle up -----------------Red \Yellow

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Your wiring threads should be sticked !! Otherwise I'd have to go through a few pages to find this thread later in the future .

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I posted two different threads so people do not get confused at all. I gave it thought, to combine them, but i thought this would be better, sorry if no one else feels this way :[

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
jetjock;1731160 said:
Here's a better idea: learn how to read schematics. It works on anything and you won't need these kinds of crutches...

seriously? 92TealSupra is being a great help for people with these pictures.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
jetjock;1731160 said:
Here's a better idea: learn how to read schematics. It works on anything and you won't need these kinds of crutches...
Umm... yeah? *smiles happily* schematics are too abstract for my liking... buut i'm working on it, his write ups are perfect simplicity for a dummy like me and I know people like that aren't your cup of tea sorry man.

Last edited:

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I am getting use to schematics. I truly think that schematics are more widely used to trace where wires go to, but I wish Toyota would have taken every plug, like I did, and give you a color, and with a description of what it powers. Is it necessary? Maybe not, but I am more of a visual learner and hands on. I love working on motors and Supra/Sc300's, but I find this way helps me more. When I record all the info, I like to post it as well. A lot of people ask me why I post it. They tell me this info should be kept to myself and that I could make money by repairing, or converting harnesses for people. I just tell them I still get harnesses, but this info can help someone with their wiring and prevents time being wasted. It is so nice when you can go online and within 2 minutes find a way to fix a large problem. I can't tell you how many times peoples threads have helped me fix big issues that are not time consuming.

When you realize what you like, and what you learn you give everyone else the chance to learn as well. Knowledge is good to share so people can be on the same page.

" Knowledge is not something your born with, it is something you acquire because people let you " 92tealsupra

^-- that basically means that a lot of information gathered throughout history would not be in your hands if it was not for people recording it. Somethings you learn on your own, but many things you get from people and their life experiences.
I love this website and I will always do what I can to help anyone. I have been helped out, and matured my knowledge through this site.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It's not my intent to take anything away from what you've done teal. On the contrary. But what people "learn" from this is fleeting. What they learn for themselves will last a lifetime. Teach a man to fish and all that.

"I wish Toyota would have taken every plug, like I did, and give you a color, and with a description of what it powers."

They did. Everything you've done can be found in the EWD including the color of the plugs themselves. It's all in there and more for those willing to make the effort but for those who aren't there's no doubting your work has value.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
old thread i know but what about the c1 plug by the fuse box? i'm trying to transfer my 1jz out of my 87 into my 89. yellow plugs to gray.