87 Turbo, a few questions....

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I've got a 1987 Turbo 7MGTE, and had a few questions about some things its doing. I apologize to everyone whos heard these same questions about a million times, but I'm just starting to learn this car.

First, theres this "waterfall" sound coming from behind the dash on occasion, but the car has never tried to overheat. It still has the stock HG, which will be replaced before too long, but I was curious whether this sound was associated with something else.

Second, the car has always started, but every now and then if I drive it for awhile, then turn it off for like 15 minutes or so, then start it again, it will almost immediately die. I have to rev it to about 3000 or so for a few seconds in order to keep it running. My gut tells me its either the fuel pump or the MAF sensor.

Anyways, thank you for your help, in advance!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Fuel is vaporizing in the fuel rail with hot shut down. Yes, a weak fuel pump can do that, so can other things. Because if your fuel pressure was weak, you would likely have drivability problems.

You have air in your cooling system.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Many in the internet community call it heat soak. That sounds like a good description to me, because that is exactly what is going on.