87 Supra Competitor in 2012 Targa Newfoundland

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
a nice way to spend a week and $5500CAD...

something I've always wanted to do...

but you need to bring a support vehicle + trailer

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
its all paved now, but that is a KICK ASS video. lets see someone do it in a supra! I raced it in 2011 on a motorcycle, but after seeing how much fun everyone was having on 4 wheels I am planning on doing it in a car someday.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OP, thanks for sharing, I was unaware that there was a Mk3 in the 2012 Targa Newfoundland. I knew about the Mk4, and have followed it the past few years since Flyin Miata has made a couple attempts at it, although they went with a different approach: 5.3L LS based V8 in an NA Miata. Car is a bit bonkers, to say the least.

Anyway, I'd love to try a proper rally someday, but I really couldn't justify the expense and travel that far. If something more local were to happen though...

Rollus;1903452 said:
405 turbo 16 was a great car. For "people" market, 400 bhp in a 2 liters L4 in late 80's, that's way better than our stock supras.
That was back when racing men were MEN, the cars tried their best to kill you, and the FIA hadn't quite caught on yet. :p

Seriously though, that car was nuts. You forgot to mention how light it was... and the fact that it was a 4wd. I so love Group B it isn't funny...