'87 sunroof problem

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
i thought some supras from 88+ came with sunroof, but rarely?!? I think your wrong buddie, cause mine is a 89 and it comes factory with sunroof.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
mk3_dude;950079 said:
i thought some supras from 88+ came with sunroof, but rarely?!? I think your wrong buddie, cause mine is a 89 and it comes factory with sunroof.

Sorry but he is correct. Only the 91 and 92 had factory sunroofs. The rest were installed by the dealer.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Clueless;950232 said:
anybody know about how much the dealer installed sunroof seal cost?

The dealer installed stuff is all aftermarket. I've seen about 1/2 dozen different "brands" installed. You'll probably have to take it to a sunroof shop to find the correct one. Places that build conversion vans tend to have the best selection for that stuff.

My old 90T had one and I had a hell of a time finding the right parts for it:

MKIVwheel.JPG

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Supracentral;950235 said:
The dealer installed stuff is all aftermarket. I've seen about 1/2 dozen different "brands" installed. You'll probably have to take it to a sunroof shop to find the correct one. Places that build conversion vans tend to have the best selection for that stuff.

My old 90T had one and I had a hell of a time finding the right parts for it:

like a new headliner?

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Most dealers that installed them on new cars preferred American Sunroof Corp. sunroofs, or ASC as they were known. They have since re-named themselves American Specialty Car (to reflect their diversification of products over the years and new owners).

Mostly, they were moonroof's (glass instead of metal), which they invented and pioneered. If your's is glass, more than likely it's an ASC. You can easily identify it by looking at the top of the moonroof and you'll see the letter ASC silkscreened into the glass.

Good news is if you need parts you can still get them. As I recall they warehouse the old parts in Chicago. Get ahold of ASC and they'll probably point you in the right direction.

As far as the power supply goes it's probably tapped off the drivers side fuse panel as earlier stated. Usually if that hasn't come unplugged than it's probably the motor is burned out or the track is broken. Check the to see the spade connector hasn't broken off or is still plugged into the fuse panel then push the sunroof button, if you here motor noise but have no S/R movement, it's probably a broken track. If you get no motor noise, probably a bad motor. Either way it can be fixed.:icon_bigg