87 NA vs. 89 Civic Hatch

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
So I live in Surburan Ohio, not to many cool cars out here. Theres a coupl othr mk3s running around and one or two mk4s. Mostly rice ans 'stangs tho. So last week, I'm crusing down by the strip mall with my two cousins in the car. We pull up at a stop light next to an 89 Civic Hatch. Dude looks over and starts reving his little fart can exhaust. I respond with a long rev to 6500rpms. My exhaust is pretty loud (pacesetter headers, meagan racing cat, megan racing cat back). Someone in a car behind us actually telled at the civic saynig "you dont have a chance". The ligth turned green and we both took off. I had a good 3 or 4 lenghts on him by the end of first gear. By third, I could barely see him in the rearview.

macdaddys

Jul 10, 2009
temecula
super cool story bro han haha, gota put them hondas in their place, i just hang a honda emblem from my tow hook to let em know their fate if they wana race

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Dood thats funny. Iv'e raced so many hondas it even isn't funny. This was one was tho because of the random person in the background yelling at the civic. I qish I could have gotten it on video. Really the onl cars that have given me a proble so far is an STI and my buddies Firebird Fromula. I want a rematch tho after I get my cams :)

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i'd say nice kill but really any of us could have beaten that with a bhg! still cool tho:thumbup: all i have to say is watch out for anything k swapped if you dont have a gte you'll get embarrassed the honda scene is big in wisconsin theres a lot of legit cars here but just as many d-bags like that guy

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
87mk111;1419642 said:
Dood thats funny. Iv'e raced so many hondas it even isn't funny. This was one was tho because of the random person in the background yelling at the civic. I qish I could have gotten it on video. Really the onl cars that have given me a proble so far is an STI and my buddies Firebird Fromula. I want a rematch tho after I get my cams :)

Results would be just about the same against the sti even with your cams. :icon_neut

Just get a CT. :evil2:

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
dj7mge;1419931 said:
i'd say nice kill but really any of us could have beaten that with a bhg! still cool tho:thumbup: all i have to say is watch out for anything k swapped if you dont have a gte you'll get embarrassed the honda scene is big in wisconsin theres a lot of legit cars here but just as many d-bags like that guy

Theer's only a couple of nice Hondas out here in Rural Ohio, and I know most of the people that drive them, cause I used to be a Honda guy (had a 96 Integra GSR). One guy that went my high High School has a Type R Integra witha Greddy Turbo kit, it's pretty fast.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Supra28;1419970 said:
Results would be just about the same against the sti even with your cams. :icon_neut

Just get a CT. :evil2:

I was saying that I wanted a rematch against the Firebird, I know the STI would still beat me, lol. I think part of the reason I lost to the firebird was that I didnt downshift far enough, we went from a roll every time at around 40mph and I only went down into third.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
87mk111;1420152 said:
Theer's only a couple of nice Hondas out here in Rural Ohio, and I know most of the people that drive them, cause I used to be a Honda guy (had a 96 Integra GSR). One guy that went my high High School has a Type R Integra witha Greddy Turbo kit, it's pretty fast.

honda's are decent if they are done right just sucks stupid people get an aem intake and think they have a 10sec car lol. im looking for a da to use as my daily as the winter project will make my supra unpractical for daily use

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
87mk111;1420155 said:
I was saying that I wanted a rematch against the Firebird, I know the STI would still beat me, lol. I think part of the reason I lost to the firebird was that I didnt downshift far enough, we went from a roll every time at around 40mph and I only went down into third.

race from a dig you should get him if you have enough of a lead to get past our super slow 3rd gear