86 mkiii VS 09 lancer

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
86SupraWrath;1262380 said:
ok now i truely understand now that u put it that way im a noob to supras and now that uve informed me i know better :icon_bigg oh and i do plan to turbo wanted to to go 1jz but decided against it. i have a buddy in town that is gonna sell me his turbo for $75 its used hybrid turbo i think he said t3/2.5 or somthin like that but i know he said t3, our other budy bought the turbo from the closest thing to a speed shop this city has its a car sterio place but he dose performance also and has a dyno. so i want to lower the car what would u suggest for that mod?

my suggestion is save the money and go 1jz the 7m has the constant problem of a blown head gasket if its not put toghether right....as far as suspension get some lowering springs dont cut your stock ones thats for hondas....and get a manegment system as well a greddy e-manage blue is economic and good to use...

Last edited:

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
Hey thanks for the advice but im working with what ive got. Im not gonna cut my springs and I would love to go 1jz but i wont be able to do that for at least 20 more yrs, when i dont have to support 3 kids anymore OR my engine completly dies, thats the only way ima be able to go jz:cry:

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
DBN;1263359 said:
same here. just didnt want to see another person end up supraless... it sucks:cry:

Amen to that I just took mine out for the first time in about 4 months it felt sooooo good! And it was my first time feeling my new springs and wheels... Very happy with my choices.

Anywho I am not sure havnt had to clean my heads yet (crossing my fingers) so just type in "cleaning heads" in the search on the upper right and scan the pages on here I am sure someone has a thread on it. If you cant find it just open a new thread in the 7mgte Tech help area (dont post in the wrong area most people dont like that) and ask someone will answer. There are allot of good guys(and gals) on here with lots of info and knowledge. Like I said supra owners are not some Honda civic rice grinding club. You will see this forum is a very nice tool when owning a supra. Not like some of your other racing forums (starcityracing.com). Good luck with your search

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
Oh and well i hope u never have to clean ur head eighter, ill keep my fingers crossed for u! Umm, oh someone i know told me to use engine degreacer from the carwash, it seems to be working so far. Ill still check the forms tho.

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
86SupraWrath;1264099 said:
Oh and well i hope u never have to clean ur head eighter, ill keep my fingers crossed for u! Umm, oh someone i know told me to use engine degreacer from the carwash, it seems to be working so far. Ill still check the forms tho.

It might work i just worry about wat some chemicals do as far as brake down on the metal and things like that. I would look at this http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87575 and talk to jdub... the man is a oil nut he knows it all and would most likely know wat would(or wouldnt) be good on the motor. Like i said some shit can get in to the pores of the metal just like oil does but can have bad out comes on your performance. Not a big deal now but down the road.