86 mkiii VS 09 lancer

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
its not that ge doesnt make power, it still makes decent power even by modern comparison
200hp for a 3liter is pretty decent. it just doesnt help that our cars are whales at 3500ish lbs whereas, most of these fwd cars weigh in at less than 3k.

i got pulled on by a mazda 3 with cai and catback back when i had a stock ge. he didnt pull on me until 80ish mph tho. Ive since done the 1jz swap and hes afraid to race me again haha

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
wiseco7mgt;1258471 said:
Ebay isn't to blame here. If i had a daily and it's exhaust fell off i'd put a cheap knockoff on it to get me from a to b ..only a dickhead would pay big bucks for a name brand on a piece of crap daily just to support apexi or HKS.:nono:

That is true, however i think the guy is looking to mod it ...i wouldnt because its a GE and it is not worth it in my eyes but then again alot of people think it was dumb that I build my GTE on a CT26 and not a 1 or 2jz swap like most but point is the guy makes it seem like he wants to mod and we are just saying that buying knock of ebay stuff hurts the good companies that we need. I would rock a bolt on fart can to if my daily needed it... hell i would put my old stock muffler off of my MkIII if it came down to it...haha!

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
CordiaDOHC;1258539 said:
I could see the 2.4 GTS model getting a 7MGE. Just wont sound as good while doing it lol.

Now the 2.0L yeah the 7MGE should kill it. The 2.4 should be a close race depending on transmission.

um...and driver!!!!

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
RockPaperSwoRD;1258661 said:
its not that ge doesnt make power, it still makes decent power even by modern comparison
200hp for a 3liter is pretty decent. it just doesnt help that our cars are whales at 3500ish lbs whereas, most of these fwd cars weigh in at less than 3k.

i got pulled on by a mazda 3 with cai and catback back when i had a stock ge. he didnt pull on me until 80ish mph tho. Ive since done the 1jz swap and hes afraid to race me again haha

that is true about the weigh i went to a scrap yard just outside of town that has a scale in the window you can see and my bitch (7mGTE with 91 wheels and a few mods at the time) was 3562 with a full tank i almost shit myself. I just striped the rear seats out and have new lighter wheels and plan to buy new racing seats next month. i think that should get me around the 3200 mark.

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
wow! alots been said since ive last read this. hmm well i do plan to mod the car but for now it just my get to work car 4 NOW! oh and by the way i do shop at walmart and also work there :3d_frown: hmm what else the muffler is not a bolt on it has been welded on. the car has 2 aftermarket parts on it an airfilter (autozone) and the muffler (ebay) the air filter bc the car needed one bad the stock was was from like 86 4REAL so y buy another stock one if i could get somthin with better air flow for the same price the muffler is just for sound oh and i gutted the cat also for sound but mostly cuz it was old and i have a BHG so liquid was going through the exhaust. well thats all i have to say for now bc i thought this site was for people who owned supras/needed info

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
86SupraWrath;1259315 said:
wow! alots been said since ive last read this. hmm well i do plan to mod the car but for now it just my get to work car 4 NOW! oh and by the way i do shop at walmart and also work there :3d_frown: hmm what else the muffler is not a bolt on it has been welded on. the car has 2 aftermarket parts on it an airfilter (autozone) and the muffler (ebay) the air filter bc the car needed one bad the stock was was from like 86 4REAL so y buy another stock one if i could get somthin with better air flow for the same price the muffler is just for sound oh and i gutted the cat also for sound but mostly cuz it was old and i have a BHG so liquid was going through the exhaust. well thats all i have to say for now bc i thought this site was for people who owned supras/needed info

is cool man you will learn that forums can be a sneak pit... meaning if you trip up you could fall in and get bite. Also owning a supra is not like owning a honda we as supra owners have a pride to about are cars like no other car has and it hurts some of us to see mods done distastefully or poorly. We understand not everybody can just drop 15k and build an 11 sec car but we do hope you wont waste time and money on crap parts. Rocking stock is better then rocking half ass (in my opinion). There are lots of corners you can cut and still get a nice clean supra. My first exhust on my MKIII was a old Legamax muffler from HKS that cost me 50 bucks. I took it in to a local muffler shop and paid cash ($50 bucks i think) and he welded 2.5 in from my DP back for me no cat and it looked and sounded great. And added alot of airflow for my turbo. That was a $100 upgrade. or you can go on ebay spen $40 and get nothing but sound (bad sound) and laughs. All we are saying is think before you mod anymore. Check on here daily and see wat people are selling if one of use had it on at one point then it must have been a decent mod. Most people get rid of stuff for better. Just think about it and good luck with your modding.

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
oh one more thing that helps me everytime you get paid set aside wat you can afford to spend on the car then make a list of mods you want or people recomment to you put them in order of which ones you need or want first then find out ball park prices and keep those in your head. When you have most of the money for the first part then shop on here or online or local(if you have a speed shop) and buy and install it will give you motivation to get to the next item on your list.

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
well its a good start i guess....my advice is dont invest on ebay na stuff and round up some money for a turbo

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
ok now i truely understand now that u put it that way im a noob to supras and now that uve informed me i know better :icon_bigg oh and i do plan to turbo wanted to to go 1jz but decided against it. i have a buddy in town that is gonna sell me his turbo for $75 its used hybrid turbo i think he said t3/2.5 or somthin like that but i know he said t3, our other budy bought the turbo from the closest thing to a speed shop this city has its a car sterio place but he dose performance also and has a dyno. so i want to lower the car what would u suggest for that mod?

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
save up and fix the bhg problem. it'll only get worse if you keep driving it to and from work as you said. but........ its your car so do what you will and good luck.

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
im fixing the bhg rite now im 3 bolts away from having the head off and then just have to wait for the gasket to come in it should be here 2day

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
86SupraWrath;1262599 said:
im fixing the bhg rite now im 3 bolts away from having the head off and then just have to wait for the gasket to come in it should be here 2day

Wat kind of HG did you buy if i were you I would not put a stock one back on remember this is a comment problem and if you plan to mod you will want to have a better HG anyway and it cant hurt to have better then wat you need.

As far as dropping it goes if you just want it lower for looks and not looking for extream sport handling just buy springs. They are not to hard to install and you get the look you want with out spending a grand on coilover. And yes i know you can get coilovers for 300 but remember you get wat you pay for. Try these out http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/07438.3.4482349925200004754 these are Eibach pro springs. You will get a good low drop ( i think it is the lowest you will find in good brands) they also are add good handling with the spring rate and progressive spring style. Otherwise Tanabe is also a very nice set of springs i just think they dont drop as low.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
86SupraWrath;1262599 said:

yes! someone who is smart XD. good luck.

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
I did buy a stock gasket for now bc its what i could afford cant go too much longer without my car. I do plan to buy a metal HG when i mod the car for HP, but rite now i just need the car to get me to work so that i can mod the car. Oh and thanks ill check out that link.

Quote:

Whats that suppost to mean?

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
86SupraWrath;1263089 said:
I did buy a stock gasket for now bc its what i could afford cant go too much longer without my car. I do plan to buy a metal HG when i mod the car for HP, but rite now i just need the car to get me to work so that i can mod the car. Oh and thanks ill check out that link.

Quote:

Whats that suppost to mean?

Oh i c well just as long as your willing to do the work again... i am kinda lazy so i would rather just go broke and not do the work but your way is not bad haha

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
Ya im more of a hands on kinda guy i like to do everything myself, i dont feel good at the end of the day if i payed someone to do my job. So i dont think that the head needs to be milled. I think that i got to the gasket b4 it got to bad, anyways how would u suggest cleaning the head tho cuz its in desperate need of it!?:aigo:

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
nothing offensive towards you but some people expect to drive around with a bhg without it getting worst. rod knock comes right after if you get coolant in the oil... to put it simple some people fail while others win. you=win;) as a matter of fact my sig is from a thread involving someone who asked if he could drive around with a bhg...

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
Oh u didnt hurt my feelings:icon_bigg and there was no offence taken, also i know enough about cars to get me by. Im not the smartest with cars and sometimes i need a little :1zhelp: but i do have common sense