86.5 tail light problem

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
ok so i got pulled over by a cop today wondering what the fuck did i do wrong... well he tells me my tail lights are out... odd since one of the tail lights are fairly new. so i got out of the car and went to take a look sure enough i have no lights on... hazards and brake lights work but nothing else. i asked the cop if he had a flash light. he lent me his and i checked all the fuses. under driver side kick pan and in the engine bay. all fuses looked good. i had an extra light rail in my car pluged it in same thing. so my only conclusion is that its the yellow box under the driver side tail light. ill pull the one off the 87 and check it tonight. but anyone got any ideas what it could be? :1zhelp:

thanks, Mike

EDIT:
not the yellow box just swaped them

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
no i didnt get a ticket. but he followed me home.

update the fuse for the tail lights isnt getting any power. the fuse is brand new. any ideas on how to fix that?

Last edited:

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
no all thoughs work. everything inside the car works sep the over head lights they light up when they want and both my front side markers and head lights work. all that works on the tail lights are hazards and brake lights.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^:rofl:

Do you get 12v to the green/red wires to the tail lights?
Do you get 12v at the yellow wire to the light failure sensor?
You sure the light failure sensor you replaced it with is good?

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Well with all the love in my heart. Rather than being a complete ****bag and making the whole community look bad and damaging the forum's reputation. Be respectful and help with what you can. If you feel like you done what you can to help then be more polite about it.

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I don't post in a great many threads where I can help. From here on yours will be among them.

Since I've been bit enough trying to help those with neither the skills nor even common sense to help themselves I'll continue to use whatever methods I deem fit before trying. Don't like it? Too bad so sad.

Represent? Lol, you're killin' me....

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
^^ As a member... ;). and I believe I was refered to an act of causing death upon. but yeah I can see your point. I know i came quite agressive at first >.< i apologize. I just found it a lil rude when you commented about not wasting your time now that you found out his prowess level in a narcissistic way.

Last edited:

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
i fixed my tail lights and they now run on a switch. so thank you for the help....

BTW, some of you people need to grow up. we all love these cars why not help each other out. if someone know how to do something they wouldnt be asking.

deskrux thank you for that link it helped me under stand what wires were what since the wire diagram confused me lol.