86.5 NA to 1JZ swap help..

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
ok guys as you know i parted out my 90 supra 7mgte. and it killed me. but i found a white 86.5 thats white too for like 800 bucks. I was thinking about doing a 1jz swap because my buddy has one for sale. I wasnt sure how much it would be to do the swap or what i would need exactly. I wanna keep everything stock and just make it reliable. Ill keep the twins and only thing aftermarket will be intercooler. other than that stock. need reliable car for school. Which a reliable supra? ya ok good luck but wanna try. If anyone has any info please let me know. Im already in need of another supra.

supraslow!

Apr 7, 2009
Virginia
Well Ill just start off by saying that using a 1jz supra as a daily driver probably isnt the most feasible idea. I tried it and It was extremely annoying because there was all these little problems that kept coming up. If youre not doing the swap yourself thats even worse because at that point you're not sure what is wrong if you do come across a problem.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ur-1JZ-GTE-And-2JZ-GTE-Swap-Guide-For-Dummies LOADS of good info here

I would suggest giving this a read and just pricing out everything yourself. You might be able to find some parts for cheap you might not but at least you'll know what you need

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
ya i know what you mean. Any supra is a bad idea for a reliable car. But i have always been told. Buy your toys while your living at home and going to school. Thts what i wanna do ha. But i wanna keep it completely stock. Stock twins and everything. And as te72 said to me replace all rubber parts and seals before putting the motor in. I dont wanna do anything aftermarket untill im out of college in a year. But ill look at the link you sent me. Thanks for the info.

TweakTech

Apr 3, 2012
Summerville, SC
If you keep the engine mostly stock, you'll have no problem reliably driving that car daily. A friend of mine has a stock 1JZ swap in his SC300 and daily's the car. Also, another friend has a 1JZ big single Kouki S14 that he dailys. 400whp there! No problems. Take your time, spend the money, and do the swap CORRECTLY so you won't have any problems. "cheap. fast. reliable. Pick two"

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
^ Exactly, a properly done 1JZ car in stock form will run reliably for atleast 200,000 miles....on the original oil:naughty: Can your 7M do that?

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Hi Anthony ( re : gary feldkircherner pay pal account )

Today I received what I thought was going to be the larger blue door speaker grilles as we discussed
and what i reconfirmed to you .. I was going to dye them burgundy

PROBLEM > They were the same size as we currently have from our 1987 burgundy interior Supra .

DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU WOULD SEND THESE SINCE YOU KNEW WE ALREADY HAD THIS SIZE OF
SPEAKER GRILLES IN THE SAME COLOR AS OUR INTERIOR .

I HOPE THIS IS HONEST MISTAKE ON YOUR PART AND NOT SOMETHING ELSE .

I HAVE ALSO PM YOU - WAITING FOR A REPLY

SO PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER I PROVIDED .

I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE HASSLE OF CLAIMING THIS
THROUGH PAY PAL + ADVISING SUPRA MANIA .

PLEASE REPLY TODAY SO WE CAN RESOLVE

THANKS

DOUG