86.5 7mge build

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
i currently own a 86.5 factory turbo mkiii. ive had this money pit for about four years now. the first factory gte engine was beat at 145k miles, due to the prior owner, it might have lasted me one summer after fixing all the hillbilly hack jobs they did to it. since the ive been threw two ge's and now im on my third.. this time i decided to do a complete factory rebuild. and may eventually do the gte electronics swap.. until then heres my post.. please dont ask me stuppid questions about why im doing this, i prolly wont asnwer.
below are pictures of the new donor engine, had a bhg, no spun rods or mains. a new carbon ceramic six puck clutch and a gasket kit from jis raceing.. local import shop recomends this place so figured id try them out..

Attachments

• crank..jpg
    crank..jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 7
  • bhg..jpg
    bhg..jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 5
  • securedownload..jpg
    securedownload..jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 7
  • carbon ceramic cl&#1.jpg
    carbon ceramic cl&#1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4
  • gasket kit..jpg
    gasket kit..jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 8

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
im finallay getting around to dropping my block off to the machine shop tomorrow. should be done by tuesday.. pulling the old engine out of the car tomorrow also.. cleaning up the engine bay and doing a wire tuck, or attempt it. might even relocate the batter and ign coil. considering i think its ulgy as hell in its factory location.. ill keep this as up to date as poss.. more pics to come soon.

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
so heres my most recent work ive done so far to the car.. pulled the engine and found out what rod bearing wasnt there.. whoops.. cleaned the transmission, and painted it also so the weather here dont mess up the casing.. also found out that a factory clutch has enough ass behind it to crack a flywheel... so theres more thing to add to my list of bs to buy.. never ending.. and no i wont be using the block or crank out of the blown engine.. i cant even get the bearing, or whats left off of the crank.. i guess when i blow sh*t up i do it right lol

Attachments

• 1..JPG
    1..JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 5..JPG
    5..JPG
    307 KB · Views: 1
  • 2..JPG
    2..JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 4..JPG
    4..JPG