7mgte with stage 2 brian crower cam wont start

xms

Jan 25, 2006
tx
Hi guys i have a 91 7mgte with built bottom end adj titan cam gears also have brand new harness from tweaked performance everything is plug in cps is on the right postion when i installed, it want to start but cant, any suggestion ? also running a stock ecm

Last edited:

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
im having a similar issue with same mods ecept for the harness. I had it running at one point but now it wont again unless I have the peddle to the floor

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
atmperformance;1975753 said:
stock ecm doesn't handle high duration cams well.

I know ppl have ran them so what did they do to get them to work? I have seen ppl adjusting the cams to get them to run. Should you advance one and reatard the other or what? I tried degreeing them and still didn't have anyluck

xms

Jan 25, 2006
tx
well i triple checked the cps timing and it correct but still no start :(

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay

Jet Jock, on an unrelated matter, do you post on Supraforums under the name DeGree? Your particular brand of smug useless posting reminds me of the type of trolling degree pulls.

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
I don't know if he did but I degreed mine with a degree wheel and it still wouldn't idle with the stock computer would it work better to retard one and advance the other to get rid of som overlap?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
kaiser;1976166 said:
Jet Jock, on an unrelated matter, do you post on Supraforums under the name DeGree? Your particular brand of smug useless posting reminds me of the type of trolling degree pulls.

You do realize that wasn't a troll comment right?

Maybe you should know more about the subject before you call something a useless comment.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tuner.87;1976260 said:
I don't know if he did but I degreed mine with a degree wheel and it still wouldn't idle with the stock computer would it work better to retard one and advance the other to get rid of som overlap?

Try advancing the intake 2° and retard the exhaust 2° and advance the ignition timing to 12 BTDC and go from there
This only based on all the reading I have done on upgrading cams in this car.....

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
BryanDyer;1976403 said:
Try advancing the intake 2° and retard the exhaust 2° and advance the ignition timing to 12 BTDC and go from there
This only based on all the reading I have done on upgrading cams in this car.....

Ill try that XMX you have any luck on your end?

xms

Jan 25, 2006
tx
Well this what i found out, i started by pulling out the cps unit, pulled all the plugs out laid them accordingly to firing order witch is 1-6 3-4 2-5 disconneted the fuel relay and spun the gear on the cps and found that the wiring to the coil for 3-4 and 2-5 was backward (thanks to tweaked performance) 1500.00 u would think u would done it right just saying, that why when I pulled spark plugs 2,3,4,5 was wet with gas, next was to check the fuel inj harness also wired backward was 5 and 6 inj plug tested with a noid light and switched it around thx god they gave enuff wire for that, again thx tweaked performance, so tmr i will put the motor again and see if she will start.