7MGTE T4 manifold by CX Racing / CX Motosports

bosco659

Toyota nut
Oct 11, 2005
Canada
While looking on eBay for a new T4 manifold for my 7MGTE, I see that CX Racing / CX Motosports is selling what seems to be a decent looking manifold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Gauge-Th...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a6919f07&vxp=mtr

It's nearly 3X the price of the other eBay manifolds but boasts larger and thicker tubes as well as positioning the turbo further towards the front for more downpipe clearance. Anyone had experience with this product or generally any other products that they may have sold?

Thanks

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1974906 said:
Like the same manifold that Driftmotion sells.

It is the same one, driftmotion one has been tweaked a little bit for better fitment inside the engine bay. It's also half the price.

This is undivided whereas driftmotion is divided.

bosco659

Toyota nut
Oct 11, 2005
Canada
Looks like the Driftmotion manifold has the turbo it sitting a bit further back than the eBay manifold. Liked the forward mounted turbo to provide clearance for the down pipe. Most of the SS manifolds being sold look the same but he turbo mount position and 11 gauge, larger runner diameter makes the CX Racing manifold seem different.

Nobody out there have one??

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
It seems like this manifold mounts the turbo further forward. Makes for more room for the downpipe. Also, they show their turbo with an S cover turbo mounted without any spacers and it clears the manifold. That's cool. I do like how it's thicker gauge tubing, but it's not the tubing that usually cracks. .They usually crack at the welds. Being that this manifold would be much heavier, and if the weld quality is the same as the older ebay style manifolds I'm sure this one will crack too.

I wonder how close it would sit to the power steering reservoir. You'd probably have to go with the n/a reservoir. I also wonder since they tilted the turbo mount out does the turbo clear the shock tower. If it's moved up far enough maybe it's the turbine that clears it. It looks like the turbo sits higher too.

Overall I like it. It won't be long until a Chinese version hits the market in the thinner 16 gauge.

S cover turbo is 4in inlet 2.5in outlet. You have to run a spacer or two on the ebay ones to clear that size of a turbo. I run one spacer on my E (3 in 2 out) cover turbo to clear my ebay manifold.

bosco659

Toyota nut
Oct 11, 2005
Canada
Suprapowaz!(2);1975023 said:
It seems like this manifold mounts the turbo further forward. Makes for more room for the downpipe. Also, they show their turbo with an S cover turbo mounted without any spacers and it clears the manifold. That's cool. I do like how it's thicker gauge tubing, but it's not the tubing that usually cracks. .They usually cracok at the welds. Being that this manifold would be much heavier, and if the weld quality is the same as the older ebay style manifolds I'm sure this one will crack too.

I wonder how close it would sit to the power steering reservoir. You'd probably have to go with the n/a reservoir. I also wonder since they tilted the turbo mount out does the turbo clear the shock tower. If it's moved up far enough maybe it's the turbine that clears it. It looks like the turbo sits higher too.

Overall I like it. It won't be long until a Chinese version hits the market in the thinner 16 gauge.

S cover turbo is 4in inlet 2.5in outlet. You have to run a spacer or two on the ebay ones to clear that size of a turbo. I run one spacer on my E (3 in 2 out) cover turbo to clear my ebay manifold.

Good points. That's why I'd like to find someone who has installed one in their car to see if there are any clearance issues. If it were a $150 manifold I would probably just buy it and try it but if I bought this one I would be in for well over $500. Bit too steep of a price if I am not sure of the fitment.

I was also wondering about the shock tower interference. Maybe that's why the cheap ones mount the turbo further back??

Hopefully someone will home in with their actual experience with this manifold.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
This manifold barely has the turbo moved forward, maybe half an inch. The flange is pushed away from the engine more than anything which allows for a bigger compressor housing without a spacer. Also, in the picture 3rd from the end, it looks as if they have the compressor touching the manifold. Only thing that concerns me but is a same concern with the driftmotion manifold is that there's no manifold support brace to help hold all that weight with the manifold hot, it'll be even worse with that CX manifold with it curled out like it is.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
It's not so bad on the downpipe, you just need a mandrel bent pipe with a 3 inch radius to come off the back of the turbo. Only thing is the compressor housing sits on the mani. No big deal but some people may be picky about that. I can't get the pic of my downpipe to upload I'll try again later but here's how it sits on the mani.
Btw this before they "resigned" the manifold so it sits a little far back so downpipe may be a little different for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 38