7mgte swap wont start...Code 22 Fix?

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
my car is a 7mgte to 7mgte swap but won't start (bought the car in this condition)...i don't hear the fuel pump when jump FP & +B...i hardwired the cps wires, checked my grounds, got new spark plugs, i checked for codes and got code 22 (but the wiring checks out).....

so clueless at this point....-______-!!

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
check the basics. fuel,spark and compression. you said you bought in a non running condition with the swap already done??

easy way to test fuel issue is to put some carb cleaner or starter fluid on the throttle body

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
will do...pretty sure its getting spark and compressions goodx checked fuses...but i wonder why it would throw code 22?

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well code 22 is temp sensor so if this is on it wont trigger the cold start and it would take a while to turn on but it will after a while of cranking(i know this cause i used to have this problem) check the wires around the thermostat housing and the sensors, again.

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
i did but i think it has something to do with the fuel pump because i cant hear it priming when i try to start it or when the key is in the on position but i dont know where to start looking think ill check the fp relay....

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
did you try the carb cleaner or starter fluid ??
worst case cenario is that you have to change the punp. but yea check the fp realy before you go to the pump

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
not as yet..ill pick up a can 2maro...do u know i cud find the connecting piece of the cts that goes to the ecu?

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
i meant coolant temp sensor not the piece thats bolted into the thermostat...the one from the harness where the wires connect to..

JayyStar1

Aug 21, 2012
Miami
jetjock i would because thats the ecu coolant temp sensor but the guy i bought it from didnt know how to do the wiring (think i might need a new harness bcuz alot of stuff wont work) so he cut the connector for the piece thats bolted in the thermostat and i cant seem to find it anywhere

peste noire i didnt start it, i jumped e1 & te1 in the diagnosis box....