7mgte swap question

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I just recently helped a buddy do a n/a-> turbo swap in his Supra. First off, it is a 1986.5 shell, and we swapped in a 1990 7mgte motor with R154 including the wiring harness and the proper ECU. Now the only question i had was, everything plugged right in, BUT there is one small plug that doesnt want to plug into the body harness in the dash, I can take a photo of the wire in a bit. As well as the coolant temp sensor isnt working, although it is a good sensor. If anyone can help this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

505turboman

Jul 14, 2009
Albuequerque, NM
Yeah take a pic. If you have the gray plugs on your ecu, which you should, it isn't gonna be the correct ecu or engine harness for the yellow plugs ecu that belonged in that chassis. But ten again if your engine fired right up I wouldn't worry about it

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Yeah, im just curious as to what the wire is for, and what it does. I still am looking around for the turbo tach, im hoping that wire did not have to do with a tach signal to screw it up and have the turbo one not work either. I am just wondering why the coolant temp sensor doesnt work though, ill try changing it out and if it doesnt help, then im gonna assume that wire does something