7mgte swap question.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i swapped in a 7mgte into my 7mge shell and i have a walbro sitting around.

just wanted to now is the stock n/a fuelpump strong enough to keep the 7mgte running with no issues? is the oem ge pump the same as the gte pump?

or should i just suck it up and put im my walbro ive beeen procrastinating with that pump for wayyyy too long. i just dont wanna remove the tank with it half full with gas.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
chefma70;1423903 said:
i swapped in a 7mgte into my 7mge shell and i have a walbro sitting around.

just wanted to now is the stock n/a fuelpump strong enough to keep the 7mgte running with no issues? is the oem ge pump the same as the gte pump?

or should i just suck it up and put im my walbro ive beeen procrastinating with that pump for wayyyy too long. i just dont wanna remove the tank with it half full with gas.

Run it out of gas put the walbro in so you don't have to worry about that old tired pump. And you won't have to do it when you upgrade to something like lex/550's.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
nick88;1423944 said:
Run it out of gas put the walbro in so you don't have to worry about that old tired pump. And you won't have to do it when you upgrade to something like lex/550's.

one problem the car isint runnin its been getting built for like 5 months now.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
If you want to drain the fuel tank just put a big bucket under the car and remove the drain stop from under the tank.
Some gasoline can get contaminated but you can filter it out by pooring it into another container trough a coffee filter. I did that for a friend of mine and it worked perfect.

You really do not want to have your build/swap ruined by an old/bad fuel pump. Just get a walbro and be done with it.

Last edited:

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
GE and GTE pumps are different. I definately wouldnt run a ge pump new or old.

Just drop the tank and put it in.

Easy way to drop tank is to unbold tank straps from rear. Then when you put back in get some longer bolts to start. Once you get one bolt in on each side (2 bolts on each side) put the original ones in and your done.

Just my 2 cents.
Rich