7mgte stalling problem, Code 14 HELP!

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys im having trouble getting my car to idle constantly ever since i bought her a few weeks ago, previous owner said just needs a head gasket replacement did that but still doesnt want to run. Pulled the DTC and its showing a code 14 for for "No IGF signal to ECU". I read through the TSRM and followed their troubleshooting methods as well as i have replaced the CPS, igniter, coil packs and ECU off my 90 targa which runs perfectly. If anyone knows what could be causing this issue please do let me know with any other suggestions. Thank you

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The reason this is important is it tells you what is at fault with the DTC 14. If there was no spark, then you don't need to trace out the IGf circuit. Know what I am saying? But since it is running, odds are good you don't need to trace out the IGf circuit.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
so because it runs for the few seconds i dont need to check for IGF signal? i have replaced almost every ignition component minus the ignition switch, i even checked if the theft deterrent ecu could be faulty and causing it to shut off the ignition but it didnt change much after bypassing it

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Yeah, i figured. The TEWD doesnt show any relevance between the theft deterrent system to the stalling issue however common sense lead to me that maybe the previous owner may have tweaked with the wiring in the car.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
i replaced the spark plugs a few days ago, it didnt help much. im really starting to be confused as to whats wrong with it. i dont want to go buy a ecu harness just yet, at least pinpoint whats causing it

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
modmonster2008;1953241 said:
yeah same code comes back, however i did the elimination check, by replacing each ignition component. that didnt help. what else could i check for?

3p141592654;1953019 said:
You replaced the ecu and ignitor. The only thing lefts is the wire between or the spark really is bad!