7MGTE Shaky Idle....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ok, I Had A Intake Leak And That Was Fixed. A New Gasket Helped.

New Problem
The Car Idles At Midway Betweeen 0-1,000RPM. Then It Starts To Rise A Little Bit Below The 1,500RPM Mark And Then Drops. Then It Keeps Doing That. The Car Has No Exhaust, Just A DownPipe And The Wastegate But The Nipple Is Not Installed On The WasteGate. That Will Get Installed Tomorrow Since I Have To Drill And Thread A Hole On The OutLet Pipe Of The Turbo For A Nipple. Right Now, The Car Has No Air Filter On, Just A Mesh.

What Do You Guys Think Is The Problem? I Don't Have Any Vacuum Leaks Because I Smoke Tested It. Ask Any Questions You Have. No "Check Engine Light" Either. Thanks, Andy.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
How Would I Check The Valve? Yes, Timing Is At 10 Degrees. Dumb Question, What Does The "B" Stand For In "BTDC?" Any Other Suggestion. I Have A Whole Day Tomorrow To Get This Right. Thanks, Andy.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Either buy an aftermarket filter with adapter or put the stock air box on with a gasket and bolts. You're going to need a filter anyway.

What you're experiencing is fairly common when trying to run a naked AFM. For the laminar flow screen to work properly it requires a minimum of one upstream diameter or at least something to baffle the incoming air. I've seen it many times. Simply cupping one's hands in front of the flow meter will often "fix" it.

Course, it could be any number of other things (bypass screw needs adjustment, bad IDL contact, etc) but an open AFM combined with turbulence from the engine fan is just asking for bad Karma(n)...

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
IBoughtASupra;1344805 said:
How Would I Check The Valve? Yes, Timing Is At 10 Degrees. Dumb Question, What Does The "B" Stand For In "BTDC?" Any Other Suggestion. I Have A Whole Day Tomorrow To Get This Right. Thanks, Andy.

B-Before T-top D-Dead C-Center... BTDC my bad... haha

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
BEFORE TOP DEAD CENTER.

WTF is Bottom Top Dead Center?

But do you have 550 CC Injectors, and is timing set with the terminals TE1 and E1 bridged?

IG_020.gif

Idle Speed Controller

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=106

Simple thing to do is take it off and Brake Kleen it. :)

But JJ Looks like he's on it!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Timing Is Right And It Can't Be The ISC Because I Cleaned It Wih Brake Cleaner Before It Went Back On.

Really, I did not know running without a air filter can cause that. I have seen many SR's and 1J's run without filters. Okay, Time To Put One On Amd See.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
IBoughtASupra;1345345 said:
Timing Is Right And It Can't Be The ISC Because I Cleaned It Wih Brake Cleaner Before It Went Back On.

Really, I did not know running without a air filter can cause that. I have seen many SR's and 1J's run without filters. Okay, Time To Put One On Amd See.

Just for reference, I cleaned an ISC w/carb cleaner (or something) once a long time ago... and it got into the servo bearing and "seized" it up, hence, causing the UP/DOWN idle issue until I removed, re-cleaned and LUBED the bearing again...;)

Was it one of the last change points? (Whatever was, is always suspect.)

G/L!

-crisp

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Okay, A Next Problem.

The Car Idles High, 1,100 RPM, And Then It Will Start To Get Warm And The Idle Will Drop. Then It Starts To Move Between 500-1,000 RPM And Then Eventually Tries Not To Die, But It Does.

I Am Getting Code 32 And Code 51 With The A/C Off.

I Looked At Code 51 And It Is The TPS.

How do I fix this? I know it has to do with calibrating the TPS but could this be caused by a broken wire? How do I calibrate the TPS? how do I know if the TPS is out of spec? Any suggestions? This is what is stopping me from driving my car. Thanks, Andy.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have a downpipe from DriftMotion and it has a screw in type of O2 Sensor, not the stock O2 Sensor with the flange on it. What kind of O2 sensor can I use that will screw into the downpipe and plug into the stock 7M harness? Thanks, Andy.