7MGTE revs out of control on start up

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
timing wouldn't be the issue, your sure the throttle body is closed? nothing is keeping it open?

On a side note as hvyman stated, do not let it run in high revs at all on a brand new motor, you rings will exit the block that way. They need to be seated, on a normal break in.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ how will the rings exit the block? no load reving is about the easiest work out the rings are going to get. Take a look at how piston engine airplanes are broken in.. good stuff to consider

you *should* be hitting a fuel cut at 1800 rpms like mentioned. Pressure test the intake mani. I agree with jj, vac leak wont cause this much increase in rpm, iscv will only get you 1200rpms or so if it sticks wide open. Only time I had something similar was I spaced the #5&6 intake runners from the head by accident. Pressure test on the intake mani found the problem instantly.

NoLimitslja

Feb 7, 2011
Central FL.
I have been working on calibrating my TPS and I took the TB off last night to calibrate. Got to what I believed to be the correct calibration and drove around the block and CEL comes back on pull in the driveway to run the codes and I get 12, 51, 52, again... Ok so something is wrong obviously... Start the car to pull it in the garage for the night and it revs out of this world. Started at like 1500 waiting about 4 seconds jumped up to 2000, another 4 seconds 2500 another 4 seconds 3000 I pulled the key and pushed it in to the garage having no clue what is going on... It was dark and I was tired so I'm going to check it out after work today I'll check back for more updates and give my own update when I figure it out.