7mgte overboosting problems

shutupnshift04

Dec 15, 2008
NJ
Ok so ive tryed just about everything from making a home made boost leak tester to checkin for vacume leaks...Im starting to think its the wastegate thats just not opening. Heres a list of my mods that ive installed since i got the car. Walboro 255, ebay fpr, 3inch divorved dp catless, 3 inch blitz nur spec catback, godspeed fmic, 3 inch intake, manual boost controller, new temp sensor new radiator new maf sensor metal headgasket hks ssvq bov. Now i have heard a lot about the divorced dp's having problems where the turbo was over boosting. Could this be the problem? it sucks having a supra that sounds mean as hell that cant go past 3/4 throttle without overboosting and hitting fc. any ideas fellas?

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
you say your getting fuel cut? you should look into the lexus afm/550s upgrade. its been covered a billion times just search it.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
your moving alot of air and the wastegate cant bypass enough exhaust gases. If your running a stock intercooler and pipes, get rid of them but it will help, not fix the problem entirely.

Edit: just noticed your mod list again, you said you already have a FMIC kit. ^ try the suggestion mentioned above is the last thing I can think of, if the wastegate is getting hung up on that little flap inside the DP *shruggs*

GL with it.

Last edited:

shutupnshift04

Dec 15, 2008
NJ
Thanks for the input i just went outside and put pressure to the wastegate line and it seemed to open all the way. I just want to run stock boost, and right now its freeboosting untill it hits fuel cut or i let off. I dont want to get the lex afm and 550's that would just be pointless if i cant stop it from boosting to the moon you know? Once I get the car running normal boost ill up the pressure a little and get a maft pro.