7MGTE Oil pressure system.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Clueless idiot here ;)

Ugh, that oil incident brings back memories. You'd think someone in my biz would keep an eye on gauges but I sure failed that night. Ran it on the highway about 8 miles sans lube. Only when it shut off did I realized something was wrong and the engine could not be turned over again until cold. Yes, I ran it another 40K miles with nothing more than a slight ticking in the valve train. If anyone is wondering the lost oil was Mobil One.

Great to see these cars are being kept alive. Although mine is long gone I enjoyed having it as a DD for nearly 25 years. Still miss it at times. Anyway, hope everyone here who remembers me is doing well. I'm retired these days and almost never stop by.

Hybrid

Supramania Regular
Jan 3, 2008
Australia
What about removing the whole 7M setup, and using the 1JZ/2JZ stock setup?. Direct fit btw, just need to add a coolant loop.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Yes, but there is a massive, monumental difference between the stock system and full flow in that scenario. The stock system can take a hit to the line, spill oil and actually be perfectly functional if the pressure relief valve closes well. An aftermarket full flow in the same situation would very easily yield catastrophic engine failure because you immediately lose oil flow to the internals.

This is the key pro of the stock system I think a lot of people overlook.

umm....ummmm....I see. nope I lie, I don't know where you are going with this, they made it simple easy, cheap and it works

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Clueless idiot here ;)

Ugh, that oil incident brings back memories. You'd think someone in my biz would keep an eye on gauges but I sure failed that night. Ran it on the highway about 8 miles sans lube. Only when it shut off did I realized something was wrong and the engine could not be turned over again until cold. Yes, I ran it another 40K miles with nothing more than a slight ticking in the valve train. If anyone is wondering the lost oil was Mobil One.

Great to see these cars are being kept alive. Although mine is long gone I enjoyed having it as a DD for nearly 25 years. Still miss it at times. Anyway, hope everyone here who remembers me is doing well. I'm retired these days and almost never stop by.

Another old timer poking around? :)