7MGTE Megasquirt Trigger, anyone done a 12-1 modded CPS

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone used megasquirt and removed 2 teeth from the factory CPS (24-2) to get a steady RPM signal? I'm stuck getting an rpm signal that bounces and hits 0.. Can't figure out what the problem is at this point!

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
I did it! My car runs great.

Try closing the gap between the sensor and the wheel, that fixed it for me! If you have any other questions just LMK, I just successfully finished my megasquirt project!

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Glad to hear you've got it running . I'm running MS2 also(with a crank trigger). Gennro helped me set mine up too. So if you have any snags , let's chat about it . Good luck

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm getting an rpm signal, it just drops to 0 even while spinning consistently by hand.. the composite logger is showing sync loss too.. I've got something to try today, if it doesn't work I'll post the issues

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
You MEGASQUIRT Successful users Need to do a HOW TO write up. This would open up a whole new world for the 7m.

electricalbox

Nov 2, 2011
Can I ask why you all are using MS when there is a DIYPNP for the N52 or N76? I only ask because I am rebuilding a 7mgte that is going my my 85 mx72 (cressida wagon) so I will most likely go DIYPNP for ease of standalone along with the ability to tune later down the road.

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
Because the DIYPNP is not actually PNP at all. The harenss physically will plug in, but there are many modifications to be done to get it to even fire up.

With MS you can build the system to your own specification using any ignition, fuel, sensors, setup that your heart desires

electricalbox

Nov 2, 2011
speedfreak426;1774184 said:
Because the DIYPNP is not actually PNP at all. The harenss physically will plug in, but there are many modifications to be done to get it to even fire up.

With MS you can build the system to your own specification using any ignition, fuel, sensors, setup that your heart desires

Sweet very good to know, but would you say that with MS the needed modifications/wiring would be less hassle then "DIYPNP"?

Excuse the question, not looking to sidetrack the thread and I am new to 7mgte so I am still searching. I have experience with MS2 on my miata, and MS1 on my brothers NA miata, but going with a engine into a different chassis makes me a bit nervous so MS/DIYPNP seem optimal.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Well if you have experience with MS2 then you should know that the ECU is running the Engine , not the chassis . So it doesn't matter if you put it In a Ford truck . It'll still run the motor. Don't think of it as a more confusing process because of the chassis change.

badjuju

Information Sniper
Feb 10, 2008
Seattle
www.hybridz.org
I'm running VEMS on my 7mgte using the altered stock CPS method, and I'm selling the motor to a friend, but keeping the VEMS box.

He is buying a VEMS box, and needs to know if he needs a Hall Effect setup or a VR setup.

Shamefully, it's been so long since I did that that I don't remember. Can someone enlighten me? Does the 7m's stock CPS use a hall effect sensor or a VR sensor?

Thanks