7mgte experiences

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
Hello everyone, sorry my questions from neophyte, can you tell me how much pressure holds in the engine reliability in Original 7mgte, not by hearsay, but your direct experience, like, I have this type of turbo, injectors I have these, I have these cams , and I turned to this turbo pressure in absolute tranquility, even at top speed, thanks to all :icon_razz

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
No composite gasket stands up to detonation. Then again, they are not supposed to hold up. The 58 lb/ft of torque on the head bolts might be less of a problem then the aluminum alloy problem Toyota has. IJ mentioned some years back having a head tested and it was just too soft. Aluminum block Corolla's and Camry's also failed when they got too hot.

So it isn't any one thing, more like a couple of things together that cause problems. I burned a composite gasket between cylinders 3 and 4 about 16 years ago from leaning out my 7MGE at high altitude. I took it too far.

I don't have a GT35R pushing 24 psi, so I can't tell you about it. I do have a LIPP Boss Jr with its T04E compressor and with fuel cut I run it about 13 psi full throttle and it holds up just fine.

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
hello, I bought used for a short time, the Supra is completely original, the former owner has been mounted a new head, I did all the maintenance required, I also checked the compression in the cylinders that at all and 6 is equal to 160 psi; The first formulation can want to mount any discharge from 3 ", I also bought a DET3 unit but looks to mount, I want to see first how to be original.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey, you keep posting threads asking questions that are all over the internet staph it! Do some research you can find all the information about 7m's, don't be lazy.

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
P_20160709_142805.jpg

hello to all, politely, you know what makes this cable? the one with the welding, thanks

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
thanks for your help, I managed to figure out that thread of what use, if it were to help someone, it is to give consent to the electric auxiliary fan

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
hello guys, excuse me a question, I'm looking for 550cc injectors for my 7mgte, unfortunately on the net I find only high impedance, the seller told me to "they can work for your model even our injectors are high impedance but you need remove the resistor box", what should I do? thank you all

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Which brand injectors are you looking at?
I believe that if you use high impedance injectors, you will indeed need to remove the resistor box.

Something like this: http://www.titanmotorsports.com/rcen55in.html

Should not require the removal of the injector box. I'm sure you can purchase these from any authorized dealer if buying from the US is not possible.

Acido

May 5, 2016
Italia
you will indeed need to remove the resistor box .... ok ... Can you tell me what it is? a immaggine to you? if I may use the high impedance would be better cost much less

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
http://s184.photobucket.com/user/mk1spyder/media/DSC01829.jpg.html

I believe this is the injector resistor, should be located on the fender under the hood. Not to be mistaken for the igniter!

In order to finish up the job, after unplugging and removing the resistor pack you just need to splice all the terminal connections together. There are only 4 wires, as opposed to 7 because the 7mgte has batch injectors as opposed to sequential injector configuration. You could probably find a spare cap, solder it together internally in order to make it look a little prettier.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?584107-bypassing-7MGTE-injector-resistor

Personally, I can't vouch for any of this as I've never done it, so continue at your own risk!