7mgte coolant temp gauge not working and other questions

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
My stock coolant temp gauge is not working right when i start the car the needle goes all the way to hot and when i shut it off the needle goes down to the middle then eventually but slowely goes all the way down. i cheked the connections inside and the engine bay dont know what to do. coolant and raidiator is fine also tried messing with the needle but nothing does the same thing please help thanks

My valve stem seals in my head needs to be replaced should i put a new mhg in or reuse the old one? also trying to find a good usable head to just swap out.

What is the best way to remove the old control arm bushings?

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Have a similar issue with mine- testing has indicated an intermittantly failing sender unit. You may consider doing similar testing if you or a friend has a min/max hold function multimeter. Start the car and see what the sender's resistance does as it warms up- if it goes to O ohms or infinite ohms, you have a failure in the sender. See the repair manual for the desired resistance readings- they change from year to year.

If the sender checks out, you may have a wiring fault or a faulty gauge. If my gauge ever fails, I'm just going to a high-quality aftermarket gauge- easy!