7mgte boost/fuel problem

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Wasn't sure what to put for the title.
I had a search but couldn't find anyone who had the same thing, wasn't exactly sure what to search either.

My 7m seems to be playing up, under load and boost it almost sounds like the turbo free spools. Also seems like maybe running lean. I.e first and second are fine but when starts to come on boost under load in third it does the weird free spool/surge.
I have run everything I can think of and what it has ecountered before, redid all the earths (Sanded back used contact cleaner then di-electric grease), re-did the power wire to the fuel pump and earth, checked all fuel fitting and bends to make sure no gunk in them. Replaced both fuel filters. Still runs good pressure to the FPR on idle.
I checked for vacum leaks with it idling using aerostart to see if the revs picked up. Is there another way to check for vacum leaks?

I pulled the codes, from memory they were, vehicle speed sensor, aircon/tps and can't think of the other, wasn't critical anyway.

I don't know if the pump is shot or not.

Mods are Bosch 044, lex afm, tomei FPR, 550cc rx7 injectors, ebay t4 turbo, tial knock-off 44mm wastegate, MHG, 3" turbo back exhaust.

Any ideas or suggestions of what I can try?

Will the o2 sensor show on the ECU codes?

Thanks in advance, hopefully my typing isn't too erratic to understand