7mgte automatically retards timing after load

dee242

Oct 20, 2014
vancouver canada
So I set my base timing to 10 degrees and when u put load on the motor there is power and it seems fine but directly after the car retards the timing and there feels like no power

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
dee242;2028859 said:
550cc injectors lexus v8 maf in 7mgte housing
You should run a 7m maf in the v8 housing and adjust your AFRs with the adjuster screw.
my guess, you're going lean, knocking, and it's pulling timing.

dee242

Oct 20, 2014
vancouver canada
Just wanted to be sure my car isn't messed up aha. So after I get all that duff will I have to reset the timing or will it set itself again

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
He is not running lean with 550s and the 7M housing. The opposite in fact. He could be lean, but not because of that set up.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
550 and stock housing would be insanely rich. Lexus afm electronics are the same as the 7mgte, the housing is what's different. Its 25% larger than stock.

Try checking the car for codes.

dee242

Oct 20, 2014
vancouver canada
Only codes i had was 31 41 and 51 last time i checked. That was a week ago since then I put in the injectors new 1uz maf sensor and recirculated the bov. I will check again when i put the v8 housing in the car

31 was because of non recirc bov im guessing and I think the tps in fine don't really want to mess with it cause it always ran fine before.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No that will not throw a code. 31 is air flow meter or hac sensor for pre 89.

41 and 51 are both tps related.

if you dont know how old those codes are clear drive and recheck. they may not come on right away tho. But tps is easily checked with a multimeter and the tsrm.

and ya the sensors are the same. housing are different.

dee242

Oct 20, 2014
vancouver canada
We'll assuming my stock maf sensor (covered in oil) was bad it has the lexus v8 one one there so I am assuming that code is gone but I will re check once I'm back with the car (it is at my shop) what else can cause that code other than a bad maf and wire I guess.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
dee242;2028897 said:
31 was because of non recirc bov im guessing.

No. Not possible. The airflow signal is not reaching the PCM.

what else can cause that code other than a bad maf and wire I guess.

First, don't assume anything. Only three things can cause the problem, as only 3 things are involved. The wiring, the airflow meter, or the PCM and bad PCM is very rare. Despite the nonsense you read here often.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
To no where.

Nothing under drivers side dash is going to cause your issues......

Also if you replaced the afm and didnt clear the codes you need to. And the tsrm has everything needed to check and calibrate the tps.