7mgte and 7mge distributor

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
Hey I am getting a toyota supra with 7mge in it I have a 7mgte supra engine that needs a new head and some other parts. The supra I am getting is an 89 automatic 7mge engine. I have a 1988 7mgte 5-speed. i was wondering if i could use the 7mge head and put it on the 7mgte? i looked it up and some forums said that the heads are the same and if your going to run turbo/or big power you have to put the 7mgte cams for the intake. I understood that but I notice the the 7mgte distributor are diffrent than the 7mges. I didnt buy the 7mge supra yet but if i swap the heads can i use the 7mgte distributor on the 7mge head?And also they said that the 7mge engines are more weaker than the 7mgte, and because the 7mgte is ment for turbo it is built more stronger, so if i swap 7mge pistons would the pistons be able to hold up for the 7mgte?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The CPS is in both 7MGE and 7MGTE. The distributor has the secondary ignition components, hence the name. That is the only difference. You can put the CPS in the distributor hole.

87jt2ma70

Mar 23, 2015
dodge city kansas
the cps and distrubitor can fit on either head. i have my 7mgte in my mx83 and im using the 7mge distrubitor until i can swap out the ecu from the gte. you will need the air mass sensor, injectors, and ecu from the GE and if you switch to the cps later on you will need the GTE afm, injectors and ecu that match it. Mine is running great with the ge electronics but when i start boosting at half throttle it sputters a little because the turbo sucks open the air mass sensor but its fine on full throttle.