7MGE Oxygen Sensor, Header Questions

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
Currently I am looking at buying the following header from a Supraforums member:

7mgeheader_small.jpg

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~douglas-moll/images/7mgeheader.jpg

The header is missing the flange for the oxygen sensor, however, so I am curious about a few things:

1. Where is the stock o2 sensor location on the 7MGE? I'm about 400 miles away from my car and couldn't seem to locate it by looking at the pictures I have.
2. How much of a pain in the ass would it be to for an exhaust shop weld an o2 sensor bung to this header? I saw that BIC sells a flange; is this the only place to get it or can an exhaust shop get it?

My biggest concern about this is getting a flange welded to it for the o2 sensor. It doesn't seem like it would be too big of a deal, but I want to make sure before I commit any funds.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
You'll end up putting the 02 bung on the single pipe, not the header. You want it to pick up from 'all' the exhaust. No big deal, we add a bung about once a week at the shop.

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
Does anyone have any experience with heatwrapping headers or other parts? Do you think this would be worthwhile and if so how much heatwrap would I need and how much should I expect to pay for it? I'm debating between heatwrapping them or going the cheaper way out and painting them with high temp paint. Suggestions?