7Mge Dies at stop

7mge4runner

Aug 14, 2013
Idaho
I have a 7MGE out of a 1987 supra, and I stuck in a 1987 Toyota 4Runner, This isnt my first swap and I know the wiring is right my buddy also has the same thing down to the year of the doner supra and year of the 4Runner. The 7MGE will die almost everytime I come to a stop after it has hit running temp. If I feather the gas it will stay running. I can hear the EFI relay kick off. Everytime it dies it fires right back up and wont die till the next stop. One thing that happend right before this started was I had a junk aftermarket NAPA speedo cable and it snapped. I am 100% stuck on this.

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
I'm having the same problem with my 4runner'd 7m. I believe my problem so far is the idle air control valve. What gears/tire combo are you using, and what type of fuel economy? I did the TSRM power-to-IAC check, and the plunger doesn't move. . . .How do you like the setup?

7mge4runner

Aug 14, 2013
Idaho
I'm running 37" boggers with 4:88.. I was kind of leading to the air flow as well right now my tranny xfercase is pulled out due to my low range gears getting chipped..

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
Let me know what you figure out. How do you have your intake mounted? Unfortunately mine is right above the exhaust manifold, and I don't have any kind of hood vent... Things get hot under there unless I'm moving...I'm thinking of making a snorkel with an air-ram. . . Something simple, right at the fender level. Are you running 4.7's in your transfer case? I'm currently stock t-case, with 4.56 diffs, and 33" tires. Torque locker in the front, and an E-locker in the rear. Know anybody that would want something like that? I'm hoping to sell it. Just don't have the time to use it for what it's made for.