7mge Cam Seal .. Again

SupraStoked

Hi guys,

Ive already replaced my passenger side cam seal once this year because of it leaking pretty badly. And now, I have to do it again. Why might it be that it keeps leaking like this?? If you think it might be because of me not seating it correctly, ill have pictures up tomorrow of how the current one looks. I replaced both cam seals last time and the drivers side isn't leaking at all.

Thanks in advance

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Toyota seals?

Are you putting it in the same spot? Like how far it's pressed in. Any worn spots on the cam where it sits.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The don't have to be. Just need to be all the way in. If there flush with head that's fine as well.

SupraStoked

Its probably just the pic to be honest. When i expected it, it was obvious the oil was coming out of the lower part of the seal.

The new seal is in and I went with toyota just to be safe. I ran the engine for ten minutes until it reached operating temp, and then ran it for another 2-3 minutes. No leaks detected as of now. I'll update as necessary if i see it leaking again.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Hey use Toyota seals I had some evergreen gasket kit brand new an i replaced mine. Starting leaking instantly so I just went to Toyota and bought new ones they had them in stock. Never leaked since this was about 4 months ago

xmaxjetplane

Jan 27, 2014
omaha
Suprastoked do you have pics of the cams without the seals? Just curious because I'm trying to use the caps off of my ge head on a gte head.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The heads are the same. That being said you generally never want to swap caps from head to head as there line bored to that head only.