7mge acis with forced induction

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
My question is with forced induction on 7mge has any one compaired the stock manifold with acis to the gte or a front facing manifold. If so what kind of results did you get. Also is the vacume tank enough to hold the acis open/ closed because the motor wolnt make any vaccum under aceleration with boost. I am looking for the most usable power between 2500-6500 rpms. I dont just want more hp i want a broad usable powerband .

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
i wll be using the ge electronics i have done a lot of reserch and found 1 person who has used the acis with boosted aplication and said they had to distinct power bands what i want to know is if thats better or not with an na/t i dont care about peak hp i care about usable or average power of the engine

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
THIS WAS POSTED BY DRJONES ON MKIII TECH ------- (I have the ACIS system on my now turbocharged 7M-GE and remarkebly it has still provided two torque curves between the designated 4200rpm. I plan to do some experimentation with ACIS during my next trip to the dyno. I will perform runs with the valve closed ( long runners), with the valve open ( short) and then multiple runs using different activation RPMS. If this system can yield more power because of its changing attributes, then it may be a desired modification for mid-power performance enthusiasts.) --------- BUT I COULDNT FIND ANY OTHER INFO ON THIS TOPIC THATS WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER NA/T GUYS DID .PS IM NOT INTRESTED IN OPINIONS ON THIS ONLY INFO THAT COMES FROM DIRECT EXPERIANCE WILL HELP

bluezone

Jul 15, 2008
ont.
from what i understand tuning of an intake system will remain boosted or not. of course depending on where the boost comes on the end result should mimic the n/a operation the system.
years ago modified mag did a test of a ford focus intake manifold used for a blown app. they tested stock long runner, blown intake short runner with blower and with out blower.
the end result was that intake design was the decideding factor in the power curve shape. with the boost modifiying the end result.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Fuzz420;1227348 said:
acis is useless in a boosted application,also acis wont work on a boosted car with gte electronics as acis is a function of the ecu

That isn't true. The length and tuning of a manifold still matters, naturally or unaturally aspirated.