7mge ---> 7mgte

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
Alright, I'm definatly a newb... I am buying a 7mgte to replace my knocking 7mge. I have found a wire harness on ebay that looks promising. If you care to take a look: http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-Supra-Tu...041869471QQcategoryZ46098QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I cannot find the write-up here about the swap, but am wonding if it is fairly straitforward. I know that I have read somewhere everything bolts up and what not. But my concern is the little things. Can I use most existing sensors, relays, fuse box, etc. with the 7mgte?

I know that they are fairly similar in most respects. Except for the ignition, compression, afm, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone here has been through this that may be able to give me some pointers! My spring break is comming up shortly and I'll have a bunch more free time to work on her. Please LMK if any of you have any pointers!

THANKS ALL!!!

Last edited:

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
Any other ideas/write ups? I'm buying the engine tomorrow. If any of you guys have done this and have some pointers, please let me know!

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
OK, I bought the engine. I hope it's here by the week's end. I've posted a few other places asking about: throttle linkage, PS resevoir, oil cooler, etc. It's the small things I need to take care of at this point. I also need to rewire my tach. according to drjones website. Which btw was a great help.
Thanks.