7matt's thread o' repairs

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
hey guys! i dunno if this is the correct spot to put electrical problems but i do have some questions regarding my car.

first problem: My brake lights don't work! im not sure if its the brake switch or that yellow box in the back or if it's an electrical wiring issue. the car was smacked pretty good when a previous owner drove it. Does anyone have any input as to what it might be?

Second Issue i had a weird problem when i was filling the car up the other day. I went to turn the ignition and there was no click. the lights on the dash turned on just like everything else did when i turned the key but the car didn't turn over it just dimmed the dash lights. the battery is fine has a good charge. The alternator is brand new. could it be a neutral switch? or ignition switch? Edit: i waited about 30 minutes and the car started right up again thought i should add that.

any help would be apprechiated and i apologize ahead of time for the noobish questions :p

Thank you!

- 7Matt-GE

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
Nice! i just fixed the break light issue (found a write up on the wire splicing) not only was the box's solder disgustingly weak i had a break switch bad too (which i had ordered ahead of time)

i really appreciate the help i love this website you guys are very in depth and know what the heck you are doing!

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
bypassed my box 2 days ago, fixed the tails but killed the spoiler light, wtf?
i used the same guide, splice the green and green/wht together, then the red and...forget the color.

brake lights work great, and no farting car light on the dash