7M wont start on own power

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
it was fine this mornig when i started her up and i drove her for about some 30 odd mile and stopped and got gas but shes was on E at this point and she started fine then also and then i drove maybe ten more miles and stopped at wal-mart and car wouldnt start i checked the battery and it was fine i check the maf and that was plugged in and i checked my plug wires and they were plugged in good and i was in the process of towin my car when i was thinkin i could start it by kick starting it and it caught fire and run i take i home shut it off and try to turn it back on and still no start and its a recently rebuilt motor new starter alternator metal head gasket apr head studs and everything else is stock any of u guys might have run into this problem? :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Running your tank right down to empty will kill your fuel pump. If its stock its more then likley failed with having lots of miles on it. They work intermitently sometimes before just straight up not working.

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
oh well if thats the case that would suck cause i just filled up the tank wit 15gal of gas:3d_frown::aigo:

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
AJ'S 88NA;1283978 said:
Check your fan belt for tension, your battery connections, then have the battery checked if those check out OK.
Alright ill check that out when I get home but I tired to see if I could jump it to see oif it was the battery and it still wouldn't caught fire just turn over

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
bmk3;1284214 said:
Alright ill check that out when I get home but I tired to see if I could jump it to see oif it was the battery and it still wouldn't caught fire just turn over
Check all your grounds, the ones on the head and block, and clean them. Not saying that is it but it's best to start with the simple things instead of throwing parts at it.

Have you checked for codes?http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTips/engine_error_codes.aspx

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
it had codes until i tired to charge it then jumped it and i didnt show back up so idk wat i have to do to get them to show back up

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
is their a possibility that it could be a clogged up fuel filter? cuz i dont think it has been changed since the car has been on the road and the body has 169xxx miles on her so idk if i should just start lookin at the fuel system first or wat now but im gonna fool wit it this saturday when i dont have to work

bmk3

MK3 owner goin 1JZ ftw
Feb 14, 2009
Garland,TX
Well took it to christain and found out quickly it was a wiring rpoblem my efi is not gettin power