7M vs. Subaru Impreza and Audi TT

AjWit

Boostin without Boost.
Jan 31, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
87' 5-Speed 7MGTE w/ 2.5" Hard IC Piping, BOV, Lighter Rims

vs.
95' Subaru Impreza 5-Speed w/ Cat-back and muffler(fart can)

I followed him for about 2 miles trying to get him to realize that i'm behind him on a 2 lane road. As i'm almost going to give up on him he jumps into the on-coming lane and trys to take off i drop to second(from third), spool up and get up to his back bumper until we come up on other traffic. We come to a red light where he has his right signal on, so on goes my right signal(finally the moment i've been waiting for). He pauses, then jumps from a stop and takes the right lane, i take off into the left and proceed to even the race at the end of 2nd. Once i reached full boost(5.5) in third i pulled on him a few car lengths and he squatted. Kill complete. I let him catch back up and watched as he pulled into a goodyear auto center lot, i pull up next to his window and down goes my passenger window. I talk to him about cars for a second and local meets, then tell him i'll see him around since he was with his girlfriend i presume.

vs.
2004-ish Audi TT Convertible Top

During the same trip as above, i followed the subaru on a few roads i was unfamiliar with so i worked my way back to the highway and as i nearing the on ramp i see a tiny silver convertible get on as he was traveling in the opposite direction, i speed up to detect it as a Audi TT Convertible with TTROUBL as his license plate. At the top of the on ramp he guns it, and damn do those light little car take off. I did my best to keep it close until we hit some other motorists, and then i thought "at least now we can start from an even roll". As the road opened up we took our lanes and went for it, he was a guy in about his late 30's or so with a backwards baseball cap. He never really looked over but we flew from 60 to 100 with me ever so barely edging him, after 100 i didnt really feel comfortable on a stock suspension that has 100k on it. I had the motor and gearing to fly to 125 im sure, but i let off at 110. It was fun, we pulled from 60 or so back up to about 100+ once more with me again barely edging him out by less than a full length. My exit was here and i got off with a small confidence boost. I cant wait to play with my car more now. I know that this 7M is a good starting point...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would have thought that with only 5.5 psi, you'd lost to both of them, but I'm glad to know you didn't. I can't imagine being on only five and a half pounds of boost.

Good kills.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol you beat a TT with 5.5 psi? thats impressive. isn't stock boost 6-7psi? I couldnt stand only running 5.5 psi. I'v been running 18-24psi daily for quite some time now.

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Good kills man.

I raced an Audi TT also after slaughtering a 92 BMW 850i Widebody. I walked him hard after I gave him a couple lengths head start. But I have alot of mods and was running 15psi at the time :evil2:

strippedsup87

Feb 25, 2009
Murrieta ca
AjWit;1256531 said:
87' 5-Speed 7MGTE w/ 2.5" Hard IC Piping, BOV, Lighter Rims

vs.
95' Subaru Impreza 5-Speed w/ Cat-back and muffler(fart can)

I followed him for about 2 miles trying to get him to realize that i'm behind him on a 2 lane road. As i'm almost going to give up on him he jumps into the on-coming lane and trys to take off i drop to second(from third), spool up and get up to his back bumper until we come up on other traffic. We come to a red light where he has his right signal on, so on goes my right signal(finally the moment i've been waiting for). He pauses, then jumps from a stop and takes the right lane, i take off into the left and proceed to even the race at the end of 2nd. Once i reached full boost(5.5) in third i pulled on him a few car lengths and he squatted. Kill complete. I let him catch back up and watched as he pulled into a goodyear auto center lot, i pull up next to his window and down goes my passenger window. I talk to him about cars for a second and local meets, then tell him i'll see him around since he was with his girlfriend i presume.

vs.
2004-ish Audi TT Convertible Top

During the same trip as above, i followed the subaru on a few roads i was unfamiliar with so i worked my way back to the highway and as i nearing the on ramp i see a tiny silver convertible get on as he was traveling in the opposite direction, i speed up to detect it as a Audi TT Convertible with TTROUBL as his license plate. At the top of the on ramp he guns it, and damn do those light little car take off. I did my best to keep it close until we hit some other motorists, and then i thought "at least now we can start from an even roll". As the road opened up we took our lanes and went for it, he was a guy in about his late 30's or so with a backwards baseball cap. He never really looked over but we flew from 60 to 100 with me ever so barely edging him, after 100 i didnt really feel comfortable on a stock suspension that has 100k on it. I had the motor and gearing to fly to 125 im sure, but i let off at 110. It was fun, we pulled from 60 or so back up to about 100+ once more with me again barely edging him out by less than a full length. My exit was here and i got off with a small confidence boost. I cant wait to play with my car more now. I know that this 7M is a good starting point...

Very nice kills man....always fun taking the win...haha

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
wiseco7mgt;1257576 said:
Was the impreza turbo?

Impreza's were never turbo'd from the factory here in the states. The Impreza WRX which came about in 2001 was the first one.

...unless you were wondering about an aftermarket turbo.

Last edited:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
TurboFreak;1258734 said:
Impreza's were never turbo'd from the factory here in the states. The Impreza WRX which came about in 2002 was the first one.

I thought there was one... I think it's the 2.5RZ. Wasn't that turbo?
Good kills bro!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
TurboFreak;1258734 said:
Impreza's were never turbo'd from the factory here in the states. The Impreza WRX which came about in 2001 was the first one.

Oh okay, good kill! makes sense, without a turbo they are a bit docile but still perform well enough, if the roads twisty.